The Spoon Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spoon Theory

I read this a couple of years ago. To me it made a hole lot of sense at the time. Reading AJ post about having trouble with RA making it hard to get any sleep reminded me of this. I know for myself sleep is a make or break event. The Author, Christine Miserandino has Lupos but I think that some of us will be able to relate.

Click HERE to read "The Spoon Theory"
    Woody

Wow... That is a great story. When I was in the psych ward, one of the Pnurses in a group therapy session used the same sort of theory, only with points. To simplify it, everyone was given the same amount of points, but each activity during the day costs different points (ex showering takes me 2, and work takes 15-16 out of 20). So, this really hit home.
    Be well

Anis'ia

"It is no measure of good health to live in a sick society" ~ Krishnamurti

Comment

Hello Woody. Very good, I'm glad that you posted it. For anyone who has not read the storey it is worth the read. Take Care. paul m

Hello Valerie. Psych wards, especially large psych wards, well... . Not at you Valerie, but how they treat people in them. I am glad that you brought it up. Many people in Cda do not realize that things that are taken for granted on other wards are often either refused or earned in a psych. Like private t.v.'s, bedside telephones, coffee and as you said, simple things like showers. Take Care. paul m (I'm just on my soapbox again)
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
      X