The truth about money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth about money

I'm sorry if some of you might read this and won't like it .. but I really need to talk about this ..
    I really hate hearing people trying to emphasize the unimportance of money in our lives ..
    I Hate to read a quote by an anonymous person saying : " some people are so poor .. they have nothing but MONEY "
    Or a quote such as " Money Can't make you happy " ..
    These are things that I usually hear from rich people who do have money and keep lying to themselves and lying to others ..
    Saying " money can't make you happy " is just like saying : " Food can't make you happy " ..
    Why would anyone expect food to make him or her happy ? .. and why would money make you happy ? .. food exists to help us survive and stay alive , not to make us happy .. and money exist to help us feel SAFE and SECURE not just ( happy ) ..
    Maybe money can't make me feel happy but it can surely make my suffering less painful ..
    Money is not the only important thing I need but it's surely one of the few important things I need .. and I can prove to anyone that money helped me a lot when I had it .. because I knew how to use it the right way .. money is just a TOOL you have to use correctly ..
    Money can make your life miserable Only if you abuse it because you don't know how to use it correctly and efficiently ..
    And if there's a quote I like then it's Mark Twain's one :
    " Lack of MONEY is the root of all evil "

All very valid points, Jafar the wizard. I am glad you brought up this topic as there will always be a push and pull between happiness and money. Many narratives exist out there and not all of them reflect the reality for everyone. There are surely privileges that can make a big difference in our quality of living, if not happiness.

I like the distinction you made about viewing money as a tool rather than a be-all source of either happiness or misery. Gets us thinking about how not all tools are used as intended...and perhaps most concerningly, how everyone has varying levels of access to the same tools.

Comment

Hi Sandy ..
      Yes money is a tool and we need to use it .. and as you mentioned : there are variable levels of access to this tool ..
      Last edited by Jafar the wizard; April 8, 2024, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Good points Jafar. In an ideal world we'd all have enough money and put it to the best use. As things are, I guess we can only do the best we can with what money we have.

I've heard a lot of Mark Twain quotes but that's a new one on me!
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni ..
          yes it is Mark Twain's quote .. some people disagree with him but I'm not one of them ..
          On the other hand , I have to admit that I do not consider myself a good example of Money management .. does this have anything to do with bipolar disorder? .. the answer is : probably yes ..

Comment

Working...
          X