Sunny south

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Sunny south

For anyone interested, here's an update on what's going on in my life right now.

This year I have the almost-too-good-to-be-true opportunity to spend Jan-Feb-Mar in the southern U.S.A. My boyfriend and I will drive there, with me leaving home before Christmas. I feel incredibly lucky!

With the trip and the Christmas season there has been almost too much to do. I'm trying to pace myself, and for the most part it's working. I make a point of spending time with the people who are important to me, get myself out every day for a coffee or a meal with someone, or attend a group meeting. My walking has fallen by the wayside and I indulge too much in yummy treats, but I'm not after perfection here.

The usual anxiety sometimes wants to take over and likes to mess with my sleep, but when I stop, breathe, and look only at what's in front of me it passes. There have been a couple of times where I've felt uncomfortably low for a few hours, I accept it, sit/lie down, slow down, and comfort myself in whatever way I choose, and it passes. I try to trust that all will unfold the way it's meant to, and tell myself the important things will get done, and what doesn't get done can't be that important .

My laptop will be traveling with me so I'll definitely be reading and posting on the forum. I don't know why I miss you guys already, because it's not as though we even live in the same town, and nothing will change, but somehow I do Anyway, the trip is still a few days away, depression has been in remission, and I will take the now and treasure it.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

that all sounds awesome uni. I'm very happy for you indeed!

Comment

Have great trip Uni.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Enjoy the sun ! A great idea & opportunity.

Comment

Have a good trip. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Best Wishes for a wonderful trip

Comment

That sounds great Uni!
              Hope you have a wonderful time... the warmer weather is sure to be good for the spirit!
              I am glad too hear you will still be checking in... it wouldn't be the same here without you!

Kaight

Comment

Working...
              X