A little slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics A little slow

Not only am I a little slow lately, it seems the forum is too. Or is it just my imagination? In any case, I'm checking in after (once again) being away from home for a while.

I'm still in the dark ages phone-wise (I'm talking flip phone) so have no internet access on the road unless I take my laptop, which isn't often, or use a hotel/public computer where I feel uneasy due to privacy settings etc. I think it's about time I started staying home more and getting a better routine

Anyway, as I said I'm a little slow lately, mostly thanks to sleep issues. How is everybody's week going so far?
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

It's been a tough few weeks. How have you been Uni? Sorry to hear about your sleep issues.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Back on the road here. Will be busy till harvest is over. Just put #1 son on the bus to Alberta to look for work. Looks like he may be shoveling snow!

Hope you get some much needed rest Uni.

Comment

The sleep is settling down a lot, thanks. It probably had something to do with sleeping in strange beds. Hmm, I'm not sure how that sounds Anyway, I seriously am trying to get more of a general routine, which is proving to be a *very* tough nut to crack, and an ongoing bugaboo. But I shall endeavor to persevere!

On the plus side, the better sleeps mean I wake up earlier and more rested. I'm also happy to report that my walking has increased a lot with the cooler weather. However, I'm feeling rather restless. That's the best I can explain it. There's stuff inside me that needs to come out, and I know I have to get my butt over to my journal, sit down, and write it out. For whatever reason, I've been avoiding it for much too long, but it has to happen so I can get my "stuff" out where I can see it in black and white. For me, journaling can be a cathartic exercise which is a relief in itself, and sometimes it reveals issues that need addressing. Sometimes it's just plain fun and interesting (to myself if no-one else). It always gives me perspective and is never a waste of time. I tend to waste my time in other ways, but that's another story!

But yeah, for the most part I'm doing o.k. And maybe writing this post will prod my butt over to my journal....
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. When you said " It probably had something to do with sleeping in strange beds" , my immediate thoughts were " well at least it's a bed" I've woke up in some strange places LOL.

I hope that you get into your routine soon. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

So, did you journal Uni? I always find it cathartic to write.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

No But I will, I really will, I will, I will, even if it's here at my b/f's without my proper journal, I will find a few minutes to write something. I will!

10 seconds later: Have taken my scratch notebook out of my backpack and set it where I *have* to see it when my b/f and I get back from doing some stuff this afternoon. Hopefully that will do the trick!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Totally forgot to report about my journaling! I've done it a couple of times since I posted, not the longest entries but that's secondary, the point is I've started again and it feels good! Am quite proud of myself
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I've only scribbled a few things over the last few months and all of it has ended up in the shredder. Sometimes I just need to put it on paper but not keep it. Most often I take it in for my Pdoc to see.

A start is good Uni.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                  X