Onions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Onions

This may seem like an odd subject to post about, but red onions and I don't get along.

One night a long time ago I swear I was having a heart attack in the night. Awful chest pain, couldn't even move. I'd eaten a lot of this one delicious salad containing raw red onions, so when I mentioned my experience to a few people they all thought it must have been heartburn or whatever. Well, they must have been right because I've remained pretty healthy.

In any case today, unexpectedly, I got red onions in a turkey wrap. The taste was fine and I'm pretty sure there will be no repercussions, but I find myself feeling anxious about getting horrible pains tonight and not being able to move, panicking that it's a heart attack. Although rationally there is no cause for concern, I decided to post about it before the anxiety gets away on me. Good grief Thanks for reading!
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

I've had some nasty heartburn after eating some things and I always turn to the apple cider vinegar for almost instant relief. Couple tbsp works for me most times

Comment

I only have regular vinegar, but if I run into trouble I may try it. So far, so good though!
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. Heart burn can seem like a heart attack, however if it happens again, you are better off going to the ER than waiting for the symptoms to subside. At the ER they are used to seeing a lot of people with heart attack symptoms when it's really heart burn. If you have chest pains, it`s always better to error on the safe side.

If it's a milder form, than the cider vinegar may work, I don't know I never tried CV for heart burn. I will have to try it some time,thx for the tip determined. Take Care. paul m P.S. My mother did force cider vinegar down my throat for an assortment of home remedies, some of them must of worked as I'm still here.
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

I hope you're feeling better today Uni.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks all! Except for a wee bit of upset tummy, I'm fine and non-anxious this morning
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
            X