A little humour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics A little humour

Hello Everybody. I don't know if any of you have visited the police station lately, but in order to get past the receptionist and the locked door you have to have a good reason. It's not like on TV where a person just sits out in the open, even the receptionist is protected by bullet proof glass.

I have been working with the local police on some projects around making our community better for all and usually we meet in a meeting room at the library. However I had an invite to attend a meeting on Wed at the OPP station and the constable was explaining the system of how to get past the locked door. I interrupted her and said "I know the procedure, remember that's why you asked me on this committee in the first place" . She stopped and looked at me and then when she saw me smiling we both cracked up with laughter.

Three nice things about this. 1) The constable was viewing me as a person with knowledge and had forgotten that I had a problem in the past. 2) Because of my illness I'm able to make a larger contribution than I otherwise might have been able to make to my community. 3) It's always good to be able to reach a point where laughter out weighs the pain and embarrassment that this illness can all to often bring upon us. For many years I thought that I would never laugh again or ever be accepted by the general public again, much less the police. Take Care. paul m

"Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Thanks for sharing this Paul. I needed a smile today.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Good one! You've obviously come a long way, Paul!
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni and AJ thx for your comments. Take Care. paul m. P.S. to Uni. I have came a long way, unfortunately I had to fall a long way first, no parachute either and those sudden stops at the bottom are painful LOL.
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Ouch!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X