Medication and physical health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medication and physical health

I am wondering if anybody here has ever taken Cymbalta and developed; [ Pitting Type Pedal Edema ]. This is Edema in the lower legs and when you push in a dent stays in your skin for minutes. Since I have been on it my edema from Lithium has gotten worse. We have check everything and I am clear: Heart, liver, kidneys its at the capillary level. I have read technical data sheet from manufacture for the FDA and in rare side effects is Peripheral edema, and urinary retention which can create this edema. Peripheral edema is edema of the extremities which pedal "meaning feet" edema is. Has anyone else had this before form Cymbalta ?

If you need more help with nursing school, these are the best best nursing study aids:Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination Canada: http...
    "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Hello Buddy Mack. Health Cda's drug monograph on cymbalta shows that about 2% of the people on long term maintenance got P. edema, which is about the same # of people who took placebos in the long term trials who got it. https://pdf.hres.ca/dpd_pm/00035593.PDF (page 22) . They also report under CYMBALTA Post-Market Spontaneous Adverse Event Reports For All indicators that very rarely (less than .01) Angioneurotic edema has been caused. (page 36)

Epival works really well for me , but within 3-4 mths it causes Peripheral edema. I tried it two different times and each time the reaction was the same. It worked really well on the bipolar and made my legs look like sponges. Various docs swore that it wasn't the Epival, but did admit that it was listed as a 1 in 100,000 occurrence and as how I have had Peripheral edema only twice and it came shorty after I started epival and went away immediately after I quit taking epival that I was just lucky and happened to be the one in 100,000 to get that side effect.

So I would presume that as cymbalta lists it as a possible side effect that it can happen. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul. I do tend to get the weirdest rare ones for some stuff but nothing for others like Quetiapine I have ZERO side effects until a certain doze then I get RLS. That's the document I got from the FDA.
      "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello Buddy Mack. Oh the joys of RLS. (and other side affects) You have my sympathies on that. In regards to to FDA, it probably is the exact same document. I suspect that Health Canada does very little investigation into a medication prior to approval and just tend to take the FDA's approval and monograph and stamp Health Canada on it. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Very true. my study on lithium completely indicates that Canada operates on FDA protocols, actually most of the Globe does, Japan and Switzerland have their own system like the FDA, but they constantly quote the FDA protocols. And the manufacture of the medications like ( Astrazeneca ) must submit the same technical data sheet to all countries health departments. the FDA however has a open platform for patients. You just search PDF file, med name plus ( FDA open access ) and up it comes so for everybody reading my FDA lithium search is this minus the brackets [ PDF file lithium FDA open access ]. you must download PDF reader first. That's how to get all the information needed. The FDA also has a section called [ Report side effects ] through there you can find personally submitted side effects not found it study trials but in really life.

Buddy Mack.

Comment

Working...
          X