Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics For OCD and OCPD people / Lithium Brain damage

For OCD and OCPD people / Lithium Brain damage

I was lithium intoxicated for 212 days last year and am still copping with the repercussions and the rebuilding of my body. I am physically and mentally doing well. In spring 2016 I had a brain MRI done and I never heard much about it from my Neurologist other than everything is normal within reason. To make a long story short I now have white-matter disorder that was reported in that MRI. That is when damage the white matter in the brain is cause by something generally a traumatic brain injury or medically caused by medications like “Lithium”.

Most antipsychotics and antidepressants work in the gray matter areas of the brain. Lithium only works in the white matter of the brain and is “CUMULATIVE” which can and will likely led to (SILENT) “(Syndrome of Irreversible Lithium-Effectuated Neurotoxicity)”. I will also add a link to that paper.

Back to OCD and OCPD. Damage to white matter greatly modifies and enhances OCD effects. If you have severe OCD and or OCPD you should print this document and talk to your GP about an MRI just to make sure your white matter is not damaged.

Yes I will be having another comparison MRI soon.

OCD link

Lithium link.

Buddy Mack.
    "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Wow Buddy Mack! That sounds serious. I haven't had the chance to read the article yet. Is it reversible? Are you off Lithium now? How are you coping with the OCD now that the symptoms are worse? I'm so glad I went off Lithium! I wish you all the best.

Neli

Comment

I am off lithium since End Oct 2016, I am not too worried the resent increase in Quetiapine is helping. But brain damage from medication is serious. And just for the record all these med's cause their own specific brain damage to the grey matter. This is most of the reason they do not like prescribing to people under 23 as they will damage the developing brain.

Buddy Mack.
      "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X