New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing New Here

Hi all, just found this site. Im a 52 years old guy, married with 2 kids. a DD 25 and DS 17. I'm been married to the same woman for 27 years. I had plenty of ups and downs in my life, I feel i've been depressed since 2005 on anti-depressants for 7 years then slowly taken off them. recently i lost my dad and mom, my wife lost her job and i'm feeling really poorly. I hope to chat with others trying to figure out why we feel the way we do.

Hi csm101 and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum & Dad and your wife's job loss.

I look forward to hearing from you again. I'm glad you found us!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello CSM101 and welcome. I don't know why we feel the way that we do. Some of us just seem to be more prone to depression than others. I've spent large parts of my life depressed, yet my wife, who should be depressed, never gets depressed. She gets down, just like everyone else, but she never experiences true depression. Why do I get depressed and not her, just something in our make up.

However I also know that it's possible for some of us to overcome our depression and wake up happy most days. I've had a horrible last six mths, that once upon a time, would have left me bed ridden with depression and anxiety. I can't say that it's been smooth sailing recently, but as I said I do wake up wanting to get on with my life most days.

You mentioned in another post that some days you wish that you wouldn't wake up. I can understand that feeling, I tried very hard on a couple occasions to make sure that I wouldn't wake up and failed. At the time I was sorry that I failed and life had no meaning to me, but my life has changed and I enjoy life again or perhaps I should say I'm enjoying life regularly and that was something I hadn't experienced until 8-9 yrs ago. I'm nobody special, so others may also find it possible to enjoy life again.

Please ask questions, make comments and/or use the forum to vent out some of life's frustrations. Take Care. paul m
      Last edited by paul m; October 10, 2017, 11:11 PM.
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul.... its good to talk...I'm not feeling all that well these days. Really feeling like that black cloud is here to stay

Comment

Working...
        X