Don't belong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Story Don't belong

Have bipolar 2 disorder and PTSD. Diagnosed 8 years ago. Was doing fairly well on meds. Past 8 months have been very demanding. Problems with sons, husband, sibblings, elderly parents. I do my best to be everyone's rock but I am just one person. I am SO SO tired. I push myself everyday but I don't think I can do this much longer. I try to explain, I talk to my doctors but I don't think they see how depressed I really am. I don't know how else to explain and I don't want to wait until it is too late and need to be hospitalized. I sometimes feel invisible and like the only for everyone to see is to disappear. Any thoughts on that ?
    Bibiane

Hi Bibiane. Are you seeing a family doctor or psychiatrist? Do you think he/she is not listening to you? Or not understanding the urgency of your situation? Is it possible to take someone in with you to an appointment that understand how you're really doing?

Sometimes when we manage to juggle 10 balls in the air in spite of what we carry, people don't take our need seriously. A highly functional ill person is sometimes dismissed. I ran into that misconception many many times. They don't get that you're at the end of your rope, until you let go!

I had to be very assertive and persistent that something had to be done. It was one of those, 'I'm not leaving your office until we come up with a plan'. It is so hard to do when you barely have enough energy to breath. No one would make you go thru such hoops if you went in with a broken leg!

Hang in there. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I understand the feeling of invisibility. AJ makes a good point about people having a very hard time understanding that a functional person can be suffering. I hope that you can find the help you need soon. If you do end up in hospital, the world will then notice... when you are no longer there keeping everything running smoothly for them... I hope it does not come to that. Try being a squeaky wheel - you need to let the people in your life know... somehow get through to them that you need support (your sons, husband, friends, work mates...) I know this is easier said than done.

What I am trying to say is that I am on your side Bibiane. You are spread too thin and need support. I hope that support comes very soon.

Take care,
      Kaight

Comment

Working...
      X