Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in

Hello all,

Been some time since I visited here. Hope everyoneveryone is finding some happiness in each day.

Things have been up and down in my world. There has been a renewed diagnosis of depression and I had to overcome my stubborn streak and go back on meds. Found Mirtazipam seems to produce results and side effects are minimal.

What triggers my visit today is a rather unwelcome anniversary. Exactly 12 years ago was the last time I spoke with my mother. She was killed in a traffic accident the next day. Still a lot of unanswered questions all these years later, but I can cope. Stil comes to mind every year and I suppose that is not necessarily a bad thing. For the most part, I don't dwell on it and it is not unreasonable to keep the memory, but it sure does still hurt.

Hi Fighting back. It's nice to hear from you. Anniversary dates are so hard emotionally, especially when it involves the loss of loved ones.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello FB. I feel your anniversary pain but it's good the mirtazapine helps you (didn't for me).

I found this online the other day and it really hit home for me. Take care.

​"

Comment

Hello Fighting back. It's good to hear from you again. Anniversaries and memories can often be painful for me too. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Fighting Back, it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear of your sad memories and unanswered questions in the loss of your mother. Regardless of how many years ago, these things never fully leave us
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Fighting Back - good to hear from you, but sorry to here that depression is back in your life. I hope you find relief (and soon).

Also very sorry to hear about your Mom. I find myself wondering if loss gets easier with time... I think maybe it just changes some. Tomorrow would have been my Mom's birthday. We always celebrated, often just her and I. I still have cake on her birthday. I miss her still very much.

I find that through losing people I love, I have learned a lot about how I want to treat those that are still alive. I have been much more open with friends and family about how much they mean to me... even when it feels awkward!!

Take care,
            Kaight

Comment

Working...
            X