No announcement yet.

Spondy66 (Chris of Asgard lol!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing Spondy66 (Chris of Asgard lol!)

Hello all. My name is Chris and I sit here on day 9 of the 14 day self-isolation my girl Kelly and I have been on since returning from Vacation in Jamaica. To say the least it has been very mentally challenging. COVID-19 has augmented my seemingly uncontrollable effort to search for purpose in life, mostly through the internet, which has lead me here.

Tale of the Tape
    • I am turning 45 in April
    • Lived all my life in Northern Ontario, except for the age of 5 to 10 in Alberta
    • Oldest of 8 siblings
    • Depression since about 16 years old
    • Was married for 14 years but divorced
    • 6 months after separation my children stopped talking to me....remains the same to this day
    • Multiple health issues in addition to depression
    • Feel I am fairly intelligent but definitely broken
    • Many different Dep Meds but am currently only on 1: Fetzima
    • Religion: Catholic but not a very good one
    • Number 1 belief: Everything happens for a reason, even the bad stuff. Just wish I could understand 10% of it all!
    • Love to laugh
    • Getting increasingly bad at hiding my feelings as i get older...the masks we wear

Thank you for reading!!

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum. It's good to see a newbie taking part in the forum. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Great to have you here Chris/Spondy66. I replied to another post of yours before seeing this one. Thanks for letting us know something about you. I can relate to you on a few counts, especially "feel I am fairly intelligent but definitely broken". In part that may be why I feel so at home here. I hope you will too.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Welcome to the forum Spondy66. I have just finished a 14 day self isolation after a trip out of the country. It was much easier to self isolate then the challenge of trying to disconnect from the daily bombardment of 'breaking news'. I find having a sense of humour helpful. (Click on photo to enlarge)
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Haha AJ I love it! Maybe I can make one for myself
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X