Food during this crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics Food during this crisis

I'm not exactly a foodie, but even I am finding the need to be creative about meals these days. I don't want to go for groceries unless absolutely necessary. So I looked through my so-called non-perishables and found a can of turkey gravy that expires next month. Hauled it out, along with a box of stove top stuffing and some canned turkey, and that was my supper. Forgot to cook vegetables though! Maybe I'll heat up some frozen broccoli for a bedtime snack
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hello Uni. Frozen broccoli for a bed time snack!! . I've been on run of eating a small bowl of cheesies before bed . I know that they are not nearly as good for you as broccoli probably is. To each their own . Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

I must confess that I ended up passing on the broccoli in favour of some white cheddar rice cakes -- not so different from your cheesies! This of course means I still have to eat the broccoli at some point. Maybe if I melt some cheese on top....
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I still save food as I found out the importance of not throwing everything in the bin and respect food with the lockdown. Another factor that made me change my mind about not wasting materials was when I spent as a student in the Food services industry. Being a waiter and seeing all the amounts of food being thrown like it's something normal and ethical to do made me feel a bit disgusted. If I have food that I don't need, I just give it to my neighbors or friends. If you read some of the reports about the industry, you will find the same findings.
        Last edited by ThirdAngel; May 18, 2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Hi ThirdAngel and welcome to the forum.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Third Angel, I really enjoy white cheddar rice cakes. Melting a slice of cheese over the top of the broccoli is an excellent way to improve it' taste. It's great that you are saving food especially given the high cost of some foods. Welcome to the forum.

Mocha231

Comment

Welcome to the forum ThirdAngel! I've never worked in the food service industry, although I can imagine the waste - yikes.
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
              X