Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derealization.......is this a thing.....first i hearing about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derealization.......is this a thing.....first i hearing about it.

in the ongoing trials and tribulations of trying to help my son, he all of a sudden decides to open up a bit and sends us a link to a 'derealization' website (anxiety canada), and tells us that is how he feels.

Can anyone comment or relate to this?

Hello Mike999. I may have had that problem when I was younger however as I aged into my 20s it was replaced by anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder. So I don't know if it was early mania or something else that caused my symptoms as a teenager ..I certainly had some weird sensations as a youth (Including anxiety). I have linked another website for you to read. Neither article makes it clear that if you are suffering from anxiety attacks because of it, then you could possible need treatment for that anxiety/panic attacks from a doctor. I have posted a link for another website that may explain a little more. Good Luck with your son. Take Care paul m. https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...ental-health#1
    Last edited by paul m; September 30, 2020, 10:26 PM.
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Mike,
      It is definitely a thing. I started experiencing derealization/disassociation about a year ago. It sort of makes me feel like I’m in a dream state. Like I am awake and aware but at the same time I feel like I’m on autopilot, if that makes sense. My movements feel delayed and I just feel ”disconnected”. I was told it was a part of anxiety but I noticed it would occur randomly. Treatment for anxiety did not help and that along with other symptoms led to me being diagnosed as bipolar 2.

Comment

Working...
      X