Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Topics How do I apply for CPP Disability?

If you’re eligible for Canada Pension Plan (CPP) disability benefits, you apply by completing and sending in an application kit.
    Your employer or the government will not apply for you. You have to do it or ask someone to help you.
    When to apply
    You should apply for CPP disability benefits as soon as you:
    • know that you have a serious disability
    • have stopped working, and
    • can get all the documents and evidence, including medical reports, you need about your disability
    There is no time limit to apply. But, CPP will only consider you disabled for a maximum of 15 months before you apply. Since CPP starts paying benefits 4 months after you become disabled, you can only get disability benefit payments for up to 11 months before the date you applied.
    When your benefits might stop
    Usually, you continue getting CPP disability benefits until one of the following happens:
    • you turn 65 years of age or start getting a CPP retirement pension
    • you go back to work
    • you are able to work on a regular basis and make more than the maximum amount set by CPP
    • you go back to school full-time, in some cases
    If you’re getting a CPP retirement pension
    If you’re 60 to 64 years old and getting a CPP retirement pension, you may be able to switch it to CPP disability benefits.
    If your disability comes back
    If your disability comes back after you return to work, you may be able to start getting CPP disability benefits again without going through the full application process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...y-benefit.html

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

I do have a suggestion. If you have a worker you can ask them to help you apply.

Mocha231

Comment

That's a great suggestion Mocha231. Those forms can be overwhelming, especially if you're not feeling well.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
      X