Sometimes life wows you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes life wows you

An exceptionally good thing happened to me over the last couple of days.. I had been really feeling bad lately, very stressed out over a number of things. I finally decided "Enough" and phoned a couple of friends, pouring my heart out. They were so accepting and supportive - wow. What a relief.

So yesterday I decided to be as kind as possible to myself. I got plenty of rest, googled some stuff by a lady called Claire Weekes, who wrote several books on "nervous illness" many years ago (I love her stuff), and I finally started to relax and let go of some of the stresses and worries.

I talked myself into doing some minimal shower/food/clothing stuff, then took myself and my writing materials to the local Starbucks (I don't often go there) for a baby sized bit of caffeine. I let time pass until I was done playing with my poems.

By evening I was able to attend a social event I'd almost cancelled out of that morning. It was some kind of miracle that I not only got myself there, but actually enjoyed it. Again - wow. And huge relief.

So sometimes life gives you wow's. May something similar happen to you who might be reading this
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Love to hear it uni! And sounds like an interesting series...I'll have to check out Claire Weekes myself!

Comment

Working...
    X