Stepping back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stepping back

Good morning everybody. I’ve been thinking a lot about how to write this post.

I am stepping back from the MDSC forum. I have a major surgery coming up, and other health issues that need a lot of my attention.
    I will forge ahead and get thru it all, but in the meantime I’ll be focusing on the path to good health.

It has been an absolute privilege to moderate these forums. I have often felt very alone in my life struggles to be healthy, before stumbling onto this website one day. That was many years ago!

To share something of myself and my story with you all has in many ways given me a sense of community.

There are many who visit the forums and benefit from reading posts and finding information from the links to resources.

For those of you who have shared something of yourself, your journey thru the muck of life and the victories along the way, thank you.

I have read much of your strength and courage to carry thru the tough battles in life.
    I tip my hat to you all.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Thank you for that beautiful post AJ!

Thank you for all of time, energy, and care that you put into these forums for so many years!

Wishing you all the best with your surgery and in life in general!

"The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

Hi AJ,

I wish you a quick and speedy recovery. I am maternity leave so I have lots of time to assist on the forum. It has always been a pleasure and privilege to work on the forums with you. RunningKnitter I have not had the privilege of meeting you. I work in the field of mental health and I am a social worker, currently inactive since I am on mat leave. I will try to assist with the forums when I can. I wish you all the best!

Comment

Thanks Mocha231. You also have the help
        of sandy11 who has just recently come to the forum.

You all have .group emails that you can communicate thru and the private messaging system on the forum.

Last edited by AJ; March 16, 2024, 12:01 PM.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you RunningKnitter. The forums would
          not be possible without the help of other moderators. I appreciate all of your efforts.

I sent all the moderators an email thru the .group email system a couple of days ago.
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you so much again for your support and mentorship AJ-- wishing you all the very best and sending you lots of virtual support for your surgery! Hope to meet again soon <3

Comment

Thanks sandy11. You never know when paths will cross. Thanks for the virtual support.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Stepping back from the forum because of a major surgery is not good news at all for me , A J ..
                The least thing I can say is to wish you a successful surgery and a quick recovery .. and I wish you the best of luck ..
                I hope we see you back here in the forum as soon as possible ..

Comment

Thanks Jafar. Today is the big day!
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ, I see by looking under your avatar that you have posted on this forum 4,609 times!

I can't express enough gratitude for your consistent presence here, and the positive difference you've made for me and so many others, including those who aren't part of the forum but read it and feel a bit of hope.

I wish you nothing but the best -- a speedy healing from surgery, much enjoyment ahead, good mental health, and a chance to do whatever is meaningful to you!

I hope you'll drop in on the forum now and then, because you will be missed!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

To RunningKnitter, Mocha231 and sandy11, thank you for being here!

AJ leaves big shoes to fill, and I'm so grateful to all of you for becoming moderators. This forum has been a lifeline for me and others, and you make a difference!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

You as well uni! It's so wonderful to be a part of such a supportive community here

Comment

Thank you for your kind words Uni. A few complications later, I’m hopeful it only gets better from here.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I hope so too AJ. It's great to hear from you, although complications aren't what you needed I'm sure. I wish you all the best with healing day by day Meanwhile, if you get bored you can always make a forum post
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks Uni. Well I ditched the walker after week two. I’m now using a cane, but almost ready to walk without it. I’m hoping a week or so more.

I’m walking every day. My dog Bella is very accommodating with my temporary disability.

it’s spring and I want to go play in the dirt and take care of the yard. Not yet. Patience is hard. I’ve never been a couch potatoe.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X