Lamotrigine and dizziness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamotrigine and dizziness?

I'm on 100 mg of lamotrigine and I'm also on clonazepam. I get a lot of dizzy spells, even when I'm laying down. Does anyone else get dizzy?
    “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”

I get dizzy spells even when laying down as well, but mine are from Wellbutrin. Often meds have this side effect. I hope it goes away for you.
    Rebecca

Comment

I'm on Lamictal (lamotrigine) 250mg twice a day. When I first started I was drowsy and dizzy. Both of these side effects got better with time. Be careful you don't hurt yourself. Support yourself when getting up off a bed or a chair, and hang on to the railing going up and down stairs etc. How long have you been on 100mg a day?
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm on Lamotrigine 100mg x2 and never had any side effects or noticable benefits from it. I want to come off of it because it does nothing but the doctor thinks that it is doing something so I'm stuck on it. Like Rebecca, I only get the super dizziness from my Wellbutrin.

hope it wears off for you soon and take care of yourself,
        astronaut

Comment

Hello BCmommy. Regarding lamotrigine, how long have you been on it? If it's new, then maybe the dizziness will calm down given a little time.

I take lamotrigine along with a couple of other meds, but not clonazepam. Is that anything like xanax or ativan? I wonder if that's making you dizzy. As for the lamotrigine, I've been lucky with it and like Astronaut I take 100mg twice a day - and don't have side effects. You have to go up or down in dosages with great care, though, because it can be dangerous to go too quickly. I guess this isn't much help to you, however...
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

uni, clonazepam is a benzo like xanax and ativan. It's got a longer half-life though so it's often used as a daily maintenance medication rather than a PRN rescue med.
            Rebecca

Comment

Hello BCmommy- I have never been on Lamotrigine(that I know of) but did start clonazepam about 2 mths ago &have been really dizzy.I am going to my Pdoc on May 20th & am going to ask some questions about it.I'll let you know if I find out anything interesting.
              Aurora

Comment

Hello, I also take lamotrigine. My dizziness is caused by my anti-depressant. I suspect the culprit is the other med, but, every person reacts differently. Keep track of your side effects to tell your dr. next time you see him.

Comment

Hi BCmommy-was in to see my PDoc this morning & he believes that my dizzy spells are being caused by the Clonazepam.He did say though that once your body adjusts then it should stop but may continue to be a problem as long as they are adjusting the levels & they just doubled my dosage so I most likely have more coming for awhile.
                  Aurora

Comment

strange, I thought I posted on this thread.. but it seems I must have dreamed that I did instead....

I take 300mg /day of Lamotrigine and I was dizzy at first but it could have also been seroquel or doxipin but no matter what it was, it was gone after a month or so.

Not really much help but thought I'd share my experience
                    Wishing you well,
                    Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

I used to take 100mg of lamotrigine along with 100mg of topiramate. Shortly after the lamotrigine was introduced I started to have dizzy spells and would faint.

The doctor recommended a few things: get enough sleep, sit up from lying or sitting down slowly, make sure to avoid blood sugar spikes & dips, and avoid taking hot baths.

Comment

Hi Ladyswan,

Those are some great tips that I forget quite often. I hadn't thought of the hot bath though. Thx
                        Wishing you well,
                        Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Working...
                        X