Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wellbutrin and tremors and muscles jerks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wellbutrin and tremors and muscles jerks...

I'm taking 450 mg wellbutrin XL and it has helped with the depression but I noticed that I was getting slight hand tremors. Seemed like a fair trade, they didn't bother me too much and I think I would do anything to get out from under the depression. In the last couple of weeks I've been noticing muscles jerks, not like a spasm when you can watch one muscle jump for a few minutes. This is more like my leg will jerk to the side or my jaw will jerk back or my hand/forearm will jerk to the side. I'm not so out of control that I'm swinging wildly and it only happens once at a time. But they are getting more frequent so I'm wondering if anyone is on wellbutrin and has had this effect?
    I'm going to see the pdoc and my GP next week and will be discussing this with them but I just wondered if this is a common thing.
    Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback.

Hey imsosad,

I would get that checked out right away. You are on a high dose of wellbutrin and it can can seizures. The escalation of these
    tremors to jerky movements overtime sounds troubling to me. I would call the pharmacist right away and ask about it. If they
    think it is serious, they can give you better advice as to whether you should get in to see the doctor earlier, or stop taking the drug.

astronaut

Comment

Hello Imsosad. Although I've never been on Wellbutrin, it seems to me that what's happening to you is worth looking into asap. I second astronaut's suggestion about talking to a pharmacist, and perhaps seeing your doctor earlier if the effects continue.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Just wondering if it is regular or XL Wellbutrin you are on. Less chance of seizures if you're on extended release. I have a slight tremor, from another med, some days better than others, so I won't be doing any skeet shooting, but it is worth it! Another weird Wellbutrin thing, I got "dry eye" while on a high dose. It sucked. I couln't wear any make up at all. My eyes were burning! It's not a common reaction (<5%) but all is well that ends well, I'm on a lower dose and my "smoky eyes" are back!

Comment

Well I talked to the pdoc and she doesn't think the wellbutrin is the problem with the jerking movements. She agreed that the hand tremors are probably from the wellbutrin. So off to the GP and she is sending me for an EEG. She thinks it may be the wellbutrin but said it "could" unmask a seizure disorder. Having a daughter with severe epilepsy that isn't very controlled, I'm really hoping the EEG shows nothing.
          So far, it's still a good trade off...tremors and some muscle jerks vs something that actually helps my depression. I was very scared the pdoc would say I had to go off it and I'm finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. So afraid to go back :-( I guess if I started to drop stuff or fall I'll have to cross that bridge but I'm hoping not too.
          So far no dry eyes here. Sleeping was a problem until I started taking it in the morning, now not so much.
          We'll see what the test shows.

Comment

I'm glad you're getting this checked out. I hope the results are good news and that you can feel less at risk for a seizure.
            astronaut

p.s. thanks for checking in and letting us know!

Comment

Working...
            X