:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Anne,

I think it is a good idea that you try something new. I was on Zeldox for a short period of time. I had to try it because I couldn't afford the Abilify anymore. I hope your experience with Zeldox is a good one. It nearly killed me. I was on the lowest dose and even then I had to pour out 2/3's of the powder from the tablet to take it. Basically, I was completely sedated. I could not get out of bed. I slept maybe 16 hours or more a day and when I did get up I was so groggy and glazed over that I could not function and I moved very slowly. I was absolutely not able to drive. I could drink as much caffeine as I wanted and it did nothing. I would fall asleep five minutes after drinking a pot of coffee (which is very unusual for me).

Anyway, the list goes on and the pdoc kept telling me that the side effects would wear off but they never did and I had to come off of it in a week because I just couldn't tolerate it. I have never heard of anyone having such a strong reaction to Zeldox as I did and I have heard some people on the forum say that it has worked for them, so I wouldn't give up hope, if I were you. It was a very upsetting drug for me to be on.
    The good news is: no withdrawal. That drug was so hard on me that as soon as it started getting out of my body, I started feeling better right away. Also, if it does work for you, Zeldox is cheaper than Abilify and the weight gain profile is supposed to be lower than some anti-psychotic mood stabilizers.

good luck,
    astronaut

Comment

Hello Anne. That would be a booklet from CAMH https://knowledgex.camh.net/amhspeci...ges/types.aspx

Zeldox is also known as ziprasidone and that is what CAMH shows it as. As with any medication, how each medication affects a person varies from person to person. I hope that this helps. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

thanks Paul, that's exactly what I was looking for!

day two on zeldox... nothing major to report, just mad tired and sleeping a lot. a bit dizzy yesterday, but that seemed to pass quickly.

will keep you posted!
        Anne.

Comment

Hi Anne,

sounds like you're already doing a lot better on Zeldox than I was. I hope that the side effects pass quickly and you find some relief.

astronaut

Comment

waking up with headaches... going to bed agitated... felt downright suicidal last night. fun, fun, fun!
            Anne.

Comment

Hmm... I got headaches with the Zeldox but no agitation--I was too sedated to be agitated. Just goes to show how differently drugs affect different people.

stay safe.
              astronaut

Comment

Yes Anne, keep yourself safe
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I take the zeldox at suppertime now, so if I get tired I know I can go to bed shortly after.

since I've been at the crisis centre, I have been keeping safe, and I am trying to be careful now that I am home for the day because I know there are so many ways, and just as many triggers.

this week I had two "official" panic attacks. one was mild, so I chalked it up to being tired. but the second one was so bad, I didn't know where I was or where I was going. I don't know if zeldox had anything to do with it, but it was just horrible.
                  Anne.

Comment

Working...
                  X