Recall of Quetiapine(seroquel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recall of Quetiapine(seroquel)

Hello Everyone. This is required reading for anyone taking Quetiapine(seroquel). There has been a voluntary recall of the medication by several drug companies and Health Cda has issued an alert. http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...29291a-eng.php .

One friend of mine has became sick and he thinks that the problem is because of the contamination of his quetiapine during the mfg process. Don't count on your health care professionial calling you either, they may or they may not.

Everyone should either subscribe to health Cda's alerts or check it once a week. There are roughly 100 alerts/recalls a mth ranging from medications to cars to food, so I just glance at it every week or so rather than have them clog up my mail box. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Paul

Comment

Like I needed another excuse to stop taking medication. At least now when she asks, ill have a valid reason.

Comment

Hello everyone. Just a little more info. My friend suspects that he got ill because he is very sensitive to antibiotics as they tend to give him severe diarrhea. (not uncommon) In this case the medication was cross contaminated with Clindamycin which is an antibiotic known to cause that sort of problem.

However to restate, the health Cda website does contain a lot of alerts on everything from cars recalls to problems with organic foods to medications. Take Care. paul m
        Helen Keller

Comment

Phew! My version of the drug isn't on the list... I take the XR and it's 150mg... not on the list. Glad I can still take these cause stopping would certainly suck (and even still the alert advises not to stop taking them).
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

Hello Bucky310. You are correct that health Cda didn't say to stop taking them and I should have added that part. Thx for pointing that out.

What several people that I know have done is just visit the drug store and exchange the recalled ones for another brand. Take Care. paul m
            Helen Keller

Comment

Hello All. Recall part 2. Lamotrigine is one of another batch of medication that has been recalled due to mfg concerns for more info see http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...33811a-eng.php

Not all companies are involved. If you are not sure about your supply, call your pharmacist and they can tell you. As Bucky310 advised the last time, the alert does say to NOT stop taking your meds due to the recall.

Don't wait for your pharmacy to call you. They may, but if you are like me I get a 90 day supply at a time. I may not be done that supply when I reorder my next batch. (I've been caught and unable to get meds during shortages before so I try to keep ahead).The pharmacies can and do change suppliers and when calling customers they tend to only call customers about the last meds that they got. I may still be using some older meds that I'm using up and I know that at times I haven't been called.

As I had said before, everyone should check health Cda's website for recalls on a regular basis. It's not just prescription meds that get recalled, it could be food products or OTCs. Motts Garden Cocktail juice of a certain size was one thing recalled. Take Care. paul m
              Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks again for posting this link Paul. I subscribed to them and my daughter is on Lamictal. She can only take name brand so she wasn't affected but I felt much better finding out about it quickly and being able to check with the pharmacy.

Comment

I'm on Lamictal but am not on a brand affected by the recall. I get an email notification of drug recalls from the healthcanada website.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for the great info, I appreciate it. I checked my lamotrigine and found it isn't affected, so am glad of that.

It seems to me that all this outsourcing to other countries is not exactly a positive.
                    Last edited by uni; June 1, 2013, 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling of drug in all sorts of wrong ways
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello AJ. Thx for that. I've read Health Cda's website many times and I never say that you can sign up to get a notice. I'm going to give it a try. Take Care. paul m
                      Helen Keller

Comment

You're welcome.
                        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                        for not being what they believe they should be.
                        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for the info Paul. I take lamotrigine and my son's girlfriend takes seroquel. We will check that out for sure.
                          Bibiane

Comment

Hello Bibiane. Your welcome. How have you been? It's good to hear from you again. Take Care. paul m
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                            X