Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Doctors Accepting New Patients in Edmonton, Alberta/Psychiatrists/Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Doctors Accepting New Patients in Edmonton, Alberta/Psychiatrists/Support

Hello - its been a long time since I posted on this forum. I was off on LTD from May 2011-September 2012. I am back to my job position and doing much better now being on the correct medications. I was diagnosed with 'Soft Bipolar' in June 2011. I was fortunate to have found a great psychiatrist and thru the proper meds and counselling I am doing MUCH better. I do live in Southwestern Ontario

Today I am posting on behalf of my niece who lives in Edmonton, Alberta. She has suffered from anxiety, depression for a very long time. I do believe since the age of 4, she is now in her mid twenties. She is looking for a family doctor who is sympathetic with people who suffer from mood disorders. She has not been on any medications for her mental health since maybe the age of 18. She is on a waiting list to see a Psychiatrist but the wait is really long - not able to get in until March.

Can anyone suggest a family doctor, psychiatrist, program, support group? I have recommended she join this forum, I hope she does.

TY all so much!
    Trish

Nice to hear from you Canuck_Gal_1965. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. You could try:
    http://www.cpsa.ab.ca/ which is not always current and http://www.cmha.ca/get-involved/find-your-cmha/
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi AJ

Thanks for the reply, she has been looking at these sites. How have you been??

Trish

Comment

I've been struggling. My mood has taken a dip in the last week but nothing I won't be able to get through. Thanks for asking. How have you been?
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Trish, it's great to hear from you! I'm glad things are going better for you these days.

My heart goes out to your niece in her dealings with anxiety and depression. I think it's wonderful that she has you to talk with.

I don't live in Alberta but found a link that may possibly help.

If your niece does decide to join the forum, she'll be most welcome.
          Last edited by uni; November 15, 2013, 01:25 PM.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X