Sleep an mood disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep an mood disorder

[B][y/B]I'm going back to a sleep clinic again,because i can't get a good nights sleep.I was taking an anti depressant an a tranqulizer.My psyciatrist stopped practising i still take the antidepressant but my family doctor will not prescribe the tranq so maybe this makes my bypolar ups an downs holding on to "shit" for it seems for ever.Im seeing a new psyciatrist next month.Maybe if i can get the sleep down the emotional can level off.

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you're having trouble sleeping.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Rw_60, and welcome.

Thank you for sharing about your situation. Having to find a new psychiatrist can be difficult, so I'm glad to hear that you've managed to get an appointment. As for sleep, as you no doubt know it's notorious for affecting mood disorders, so I hope you can get some good sleeps soon. If you putz around the forum here and there (wish I could be more specific) you'll come across past threads addressing the sleep issue. Just checking around the forum can be helpful in any case.

Please feel free to share, explain, suggest, vent or whatever else will help. I've gotten so much from coming here it's unbelievable. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Welcome to the forums Rw_60.
        It's no wonder you don't feel well - without a good night's sleep we don't feel refreshed and for those of us who have mood disorders, we feel the effects much worst.
        Hang in there and it's good that you are seeing a new psychiatrist next month. Fingers crossed that it's a good one and you will be feeling much better soon.

Comment

Thankyou for replying,things going day at a time meds may have to be updated as well take care your self christina

Comment

Thanks uni venting is my problem i open up but stinkin thinkin rears its head an you bury things nice to know your not alone shedding a tear right now but that helps too.

Comment

Met with my new psyciatrist today an am back on meds management which will help level everything off. And keep me out of the dark depression,and sleep better at night.

Comment

That's good to hear you're on your way to leveling off and a better sleep at night. Let us know how it goes Rw_60
                AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                for not being what they believe they should be.
                -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Rw_60. It's nice to hear that you were able to see the pdoc and deal with your medication. Hopefully things will turn around soon with the depression and sleep situation. It sounds like you're looking after yourself, not always easy to do, I know, so good for you
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                  X