Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have experience with Zyprexa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Paul. I think we could both get in a lot of trouble if we went to Vegas. I used up all of my 'get out of jail cards' in the real world of monopoly, so I better stay home.

It is a very good idea to know what drugs you're on, what dosage you're on, and for what purpose it was prescribed.

A wallet card is a great idea Woody.

Paul, I bet you keep a more accurate list of what drugs you've tried than your doctor does.

You can get a medication list with dosages etc (patient profile) from your pharmacy.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. You can get out of jail! Who knew. Sad as it may seem, I know my doc has no idea what I tried 10 yrs ago and if I asked him to find it, he would probably try and change the subject(my file is very thick). Actually that doc has retired and if I want a copy of my records I have to pay for them. But even my GP is no better.

I did not know about the pharmacy, I will have to ask mine, thx. Take Care. paul m

Your right Woody, we should all keep a wallet card, some of our meds are pretty harmfull if mixed with other ones and for people who take meds like effexor, and many others sudden stopping them can be harmful. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

You might have to fill out a release of information (there are many versions of this) to get a copy of your profile, but pharmacy programs can do this very easily for you. You can ask them to give you a print out of all the medications, just ones you are currently taking, ones you are no longer on (depending on the pharmacy computer program) or by date and range. You can also ask for a printout for your yearly taxes. This printout does not have details like dosages etc like the regular patient profile does, but the gov't doesn't need any of those details, and it's none of their business!
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. Thx. Take Care. paul m
          Helen Keller

Comment

Paul, I'm on 15mg of Zyprexa Zydis Olanzapine Have been for a few months. What's your dosage? I increased from 5mg to 10mg and now to 15mg. What I find is that it's best to take it just before you crawl into bed. I'm in bed usually around 9 or 930pm, so it's melting in my mouth (I have the disintegrating tablet) as I'm crawling under the sheets. If I take it any earlier and stay up, it does a number on me somehow; gives me a creepy crawly feeling - that's the best I can describe it as, so that's why I take it just before I try to fall asleep.
            I notice that it also helps me sleep. Does it do that for you, too?

Comment

Hello MerelyMe08. I have not taken Zyprexa for some time and I cannot remember the dosage. I dislike all antipyschotics as I find them all very sedating. They used to knock me out as well. I could tell stories for hours on some of the stupid things I did while overly sedated on various antipyschotics. A fire alarm could go off at 3.am and I would look for marshmellows to toast. Not quite, but all most .

If I start to become severly manic, then I take seroquel(I only start taking it at my wife's or doc's urging, by the time I'm that manic, it's too late for me to notice). That is a personal choice only. It is every bit as sedating as the rest, but I find that it handles my mania fairly well and quickly and works or me. Take Care. paul m
              Helen Keller

Comment

I was up to 30mg Zyprexa at bedtime. I slept okay, didn't help with my symptoms enough to stay on it.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I was on 5-10 and then 15 zyprexa.
                  The weight gain is

Not everybody I gather, but for myself I took 10lbs in a week.. its ridiculous

The drug didn't affect my sleep

It worked on hypomania but over 1-2 week treatment where a stronger anti-psychotic works FASTER!

Comment

Just wondering how you are doing, Twofires. All the best.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                    X