Wellbutrin 100mg SR 12 hour treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellbutrin 100mg SR 12 hour treatment?

If wellbutrin 100mg SR treats you for 12 hours and you are advised to take it twice daily if I take my first pill at 8am it should treat me until 8pm. However I am told to take the second dose in early afternoon. So by my calculation by taking the 2nd pill at 2pm, I will actually have an excess dosage for 6 hours as the two doses would overlap by 6 hours (2pm to 8pm). After my 2nd dose in the afternoon I really feel the side effects hard (headache, muscle tension, prickly skin, fatigue, etc.). Will the effects I feel go away after I've been on these for a while? And for how long? I'm not 100% with just one, but I am also taking EMDR treatments to get to the root of my 20 year ordeal.

I've been diagnosed with several conditions: PTSD, OCPD, dythemia currently, previously with anxiety, depression, ADHD, and others that were not conclusive but "not otherwise specified".

I Am currently taking Mirtazapine 30mg along with .5mg clonazapam and 2.5g melatonin at night before bed, then .5 mg clonaz and 1x wellbutrin in the morning. I would like to stay that way without taking the 2nd dose, but my doctor says that I would be untreated for 12 hours if I did that. With 2 doses I am still untreated for 6 hours while I sleep from 2am to 8pm.

I've always been highly sensitive to antidepressants, thus often over the past 20 years have not been able to reach the 'said' effective dose. I must have tried a dozen over the years. My main concerns are the increase anxiety and muscle tension/pain side effects of most antidepressants including Wellbutrin. Should I try yet another med? And what would be the goal?

The best person to discuss this question with, would be a pharmacist in collaboration with you and your doctor.

I did write an explanation about half lifes and steady state of medication. You may want to have a look at it.

https://mdsc.ca/forum/forum/general-...ose-interested

Bupropion dosages should be at least 8 hrs apart and also not close to bedtime. For
    your information, once they have the right dose sorted out for you, they do also make it in a once a day XL formula. I would recommend you have a chat with your
    pharmacist.

Wellbutrin SR (Bupropion Hydrochloride Sustained-Release) may treat, side effects, dosage, drug interactions, warnings, patient labeling, reviews, and related medications including drug comparison and health resources.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello DLove4U,

I have just started Wellbutrin 150mg today to help boost the effects of the Sertraline that I have been on for almost a year. I have noticed a steady decline in how it is helping my dysthymia, anxiety and depressive outbreaks, and so my doctor recommended reducing the dosage from 150mg to 100mg and adding the Wellbutrin.

Keep me posted how you are feeling on your combination as the Wellbutrin kicks in. I will post any significant changes for me in a couple weeks if that would help.

I also agree with AJ that speaking to your pharmacist or doctor would be best. I've only gotten a small amount of doses so that I can review my symptoms with my doctor in a month.

Comment

Thanks AJ for the links they were very informative. Thank you also resilient1. Let me know how the 150 works for you. I don't see my psychiatrist until mid March so I won't be able to discuss the 150mg option until then. Each time I take the 2nd dose I get pains and rigid muscles, high anxiety sometimes resulting in chest pain. My best option for now may be to take 100 mg once at 2pm which should last me till the morning. So I'll talk with pharmacist too.

Comment

Hello DLove4U and welcome to the forums. Please don't hesitate to ask questions, answer other people's questions or use the forum to vent out some frustrations. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
          X