Tired of Zoloft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of Zoloft

Zoloft really has sucked for me it does not work I remember effoxer worked at 75mg in the past my doctor is worried I may get insomnia does not know how to change me? In Canada do we have alternative? Weight gain would be a serious issue as I have pre diabetes plus histamine intolerance a bad gut. Weight loss has helped since going down on Zoloft but I have tried every med from 2010 and before just when trintilex came out. Wellbutrin and cybalta made me worse and drs just have no idea.

Hello and welcome chaoskarma.. As you have found out it can be very hard to find the right antidepressant. I have no suggestions as what to try in the line of antidepressants as all antidepressants make me manic, , but some one else on here may post what works for them.

I know some people have to take a combination of medications to find relief such as getting prescribed 2 antidepressants or taking 1 antidepressant and 1 anti-psychotics. There are a lot of possible combo's. Unfortunately trying all of the possible combo's is time consuming and positive results may take quite a while to show up.

I control my mood swings with anti-psychotics (two) and some ativan. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum chaoskarma. Response to medication is such an individual thing, and it can be very frustrating to find the right medication or combination of medications that work for you. As Paul has said, it can take a while. Hang in there. Are you seeing a psychiatrist?
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hey there. My shrink left town. SO my dr has been trying hard to find a pdoc that has a good reputation. But they don't have much faith in them and claim they never see people come back better. I have seen a pdoc for the past 15 years been through about 5 of them lol She said I can help also by checking around Toronto for highly rated pdocs who are taking new patients and she can refer me because the problem is the ones who take people fast she finds her patients come back complaining about them. So I'm off Zoloft and on prisqe which is better but it cost 100 a month. I don't know how people afford it??? I have taken Effexor 225 for years in the past no issue. But I am hoping not to go that high of a dose this time. My dr is leaving it up to me to decide how I want to go from here. I did not know until now that Zoloft is well known for causing serious issues with the GI tract. This has been a long road for me. I just don't know what to do. Ask for 75 of Effexor or 150. I never got side effects from it. I stopped because at that time we thought id be okay without it and I left the city changed drs and they put me on Cymbalta which made everything worse than from there to Zoloft. I just remember that effexor was one of the few meds that worked.

Comment

Hi Chaoskarma. It might be worthwhile talking to your pharmacist. I hope you get a good psychiatrist but I know the wait times can be frustrating.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
          X