X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie on chipralex

Hello new to this site , hope I’m posting in the right area ,
    need some advice if chipralex miss working so confusing ,
    some back ground , during menopause anexity peak , got worse later into it , try different things finally gave in and started 5 mg chipralex for 3 weeks then up to 10: mg dec 22 so just been 5 weeks , I was on 5 mg chipralex m6 years ago and week one was so tired I’d dint feel any anexity this time no sedative effect at all , so week one on new increase to 10 mg had one good day then a week bad days then sec week one good day then 3 rd week I thought for sure it was the game changer had 3 wonderful days then few ok day then it came back again now pass 2 weeks something change feeling it everyday ,is it too soon? Shouldn’t Minnesota having more good days by week 5? Why feel,worse this week? I was taking Tylenol everyday for 5 days for my back could that effect it..or at 5 weeks drug stops working? Get worse not stay the same? Omg I’m sorry so many question if I knew it was working or going to work at week 6 I feel better , any questions info insight you can give me would surly helpm, at end my rope here feeling discouraged..ty for your time ❤️

Sorry feeling it this am my head and typing

Comment

I take daily vitamin, omega 3,s ,turmeric , flax supplements vitamins c

Comment

Anyone? It says 2 responses but I don’t see anything , is it normal be ok low anexity week 4 then begins week 5 high anexity? Was it the Tylenol something different nor have wait longer? Any advise any kind be helpful please?

Comment

Hi Bride and welcome to the forums. I would encourage you to talk to your pharmacist about your drug related questions. I would also recommend talking with your doctor about it too.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Bride, and welcome. I wish I was familiar with cipralex and could help you out, but I'm not. However, I do wonder about the Tylenol possibly interfering, because over-the-counter (non prescription) drugs and even natural supplements can sometimes change the effectiveness of a med. I echo what AJ mentioned, that your pharmacist and/or doctor can likely tell you more.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Bride and welcome. drugs.com interaction checker sez that there is no dangerous interactions between ciprlex and Tylenol. That doesn't mean there isn't any, just that it's not common. Health Canada's drug database shows a large list of side effect of ciprelex. It also mentions that the medication may stop working at any time. Ciprelex is in a class called SSRI and SSRIs have been known to fail to work without warning. (once again source is Health Cda's drug database).

If side effects are the problem you pharmacist may be able to suggest something to help. If the medication is not working you should talk to your doctor about trying a larger dose or a different medication all together. Take Care. paul m
              "Alone we can do so little;
              Together we can do so much"
              Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
              X