Lexapro taper, stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexapro taper, stop

I am new to forum. I have diagnosis borderline personality disorder, on Lexapro 25 years, quick 3 week taper 20 mg to zero, replaced with Wellbutrin. Withdrawal shakes, no appetite, short breath, can walk 10 feet then sit, weak. Also have sudden severe Atrial fibrillation. Similar experience? BTW had to go off Lexapro for A-fib med amiodarone. Any advice?

Psychiatric medication (antidepressants and antipsychotics) can cause arrhythmia. Try to get an electrocardiogram right away. I developed long QT syndrome and here's what I read:

Almost all antidepressants and antipsychotics have been linked to QT prolongation. This effect is thought to occur when specific drugs interfere with cardiac potassium channels and repolarization. It has been shown that the majority of patients who experience QT prolongation have multiple identifiable risk factors.1 The typical antipsychotics thioridazine and haloperidol have the strongest evidence linking their use to QT prolongation and TdP. Common medications that are considered to have a high risk are the SSRIs citalopram and escitalopram.

Comment

Welcome to the forum KarenL.

It is hard to deal with health issues compounded with unwanted drug effects.

It can get very complicated dealing with a mix of drugs and health conditions.

Keep advocating for yourself,
      as you have coming on these forums.

It’s worthwhile writing things down so that you can keep track of changes and progress along the way. It will also be helpful to have those facts handy when at appts.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I just want to say welcome KarenL
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
        X