Self Care - What has helped you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Care - What has helped you

I thought I would post a new topic where we can all share things (self care tips) that have greatly helped us in the past when feeling anxious or down.

I’ll go first:

1. sitting in a bathtub while watching my fav TV series.
    2. I guess this is considered ‘stress cleaning’ but when I am anxious, I usually have my headphones in my ears and try to clean at the same time. Having the headphones in and listening to my fav podcast keeps me distracted while cleaning. What relaxes me most out of this is the aftermath = clean environment. I also add my fav aroma (lavender), which really helps calm me down. I think for me personally, having a clean and organized environment makes me feel calm and at ease and as if I am in a new place? I actually discovered this the past few months and it worked for me.

I will say that I have gone through a bunch of self care tips and not all of them worked for me, so definitely what works for me may not work for someone else and vice versa.

Would love to know what others have tried

My number one self care tip is to keep moving. Walking in particular has been very beneficial for my whole well being, and my dog appreciates it too!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      My number one self care tip is to keep moving. Walking in particular has been very beneficial for my whole well being, and my dog appreciates it too!

Ohh, I like that! that sounds great for sure - especially since there is a great connection to improved wellbeing and exercise so that definitely is a great tip - thanks AJ!

Comment

Self-care is very important everyday for a Human being. There is no debate about it. Healthy lifestyle means the constant check-ups for your mind and body which concludes to overall health.
        When you are in the stages of ageing, people often overlook on the mind therapies they need as we give more importance to body. But if you ask me I would say that its both you have to take care off. Cutting of negative or toxic people can bring much to your mental happiness. So if you need a clinical advice from your doctor, visit them and talk about your treatments, your thoughts, your grief and your body concerns.
        Last edited by JAIKESWORLS; September 7, 2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks Hopeful_2022 for the great topic!

I only wish that "stress cleaning" was my go-to; I know it helps to have a nice environment but I'm not greatly into cleaning, decorating, renovating, etc. However, when I do make improvements I'm glad I did. I continue to try and improve bit by bit, rather than bite off projects that I get halfway through and then feel overwhelmed. One thing that helps me is to pack up some stuff I no longer need and take them to the local Salvation Army. It's a good feeling to rid myself of the items, and a good feeling to think they will benefit someone else. So is that self care? I thiink it is, in a way.

One of my self care things is reading. Whatever I'm into. Could be fiction or non-fiction. I make it a practice to read something spiritual every morning. I also do a few stretches to loosen up, because if I don't my body doesn't like it and lets me know!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
          X