X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menopause/bipolar???

Wow do I really have to elaborate???
    scares me I"m starting to go through depresssions that are remminicent of the old days. Does anyone have some ideas or references
    Last edited by Woody; September 9, 2010, 12:22 PM. Reason: Fixed Font

Light a candle baby a get well card won't do!!!

Hello Halfanangel. No you do not have to elaborate ! I have been dealing with the same thing. Right now no answers, really, but I'm hearing lots of other women, mood disordered or not, running into all sorts of troubles including depression and anxiety.

At the moment I'm trying some natural hormone creams, thanks to my sister and her investigation into such stuff. We'll see how that goes; I don't know enough about it at this point to share anything helpful.

It's nice to know that somebody else is out there with these disturbing depressed feelings, which seem to come and go. What's depression the illness, what's depression the feeling? I'm glad you brought up the subject. Hopefully we can help each other out as we go. There seems to be a lot of learning to be done. Bleah.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Halfanangel. Sorry about your difficulties. I meant to post this the other day and I didn't. It's a fact sheet from Our Sister's Place(Part of the Mood Disorders Of Ontario Assoc.)

In itself, it's not a great fact sheet, but it does have some great links at the bottom. http://www.oursistersplace.ca/menopause.html Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you Paul m....,

I really appreciate the links yes together we can do so much. I like your signature quote!!

Wow I went to the link and I am up late but I read enough to bookmark it for later consumption. Thank you again!

Comment

Things mother are not suppose to tell there son
          Her doctor gave her some estrogen pills.
          Things where much better after that
          Woody

Comment

Thanks for the link Paul. I'll definitely check it out.

Woody, that comment could only come from a man .
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Been walking that road.. I used a progesterone creme from my Naturopath and I did attend a three hour workshop on Menopause at the Glenrose Clinic. I think you need a Dr,;s referral. I did go for a clinic follow up appt. where they suggested HRT therapy...but I didn't want anymore chemicals in my body. Another good book that helped me was What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Menopause. Somedays, it is hard to tell, what is causing what... that's when it's good to try and take some time for yourself...

take it easy.

Comment

Woody

Comment

My p.doc thinks that when I went into peri-menopause, it contributed to my once stable moods being all over the place. I agree with her. The hormonal changes can sure help mess things up.
                  AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                  for not being what they believe they should be.
                  -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks Eagle for the name of that book. If I ever get my act together I might even read it. Thanks also for the reminder to "take it easy". (Although I can also take that to extremes along with most other things.)

Woody you are too much ! But if I do say so myself, it looks like that unhappy creature is having a hot flash...

AJ, I agree with you and your pdoc. Hard to separate the hormones from mood disorder. Does she have any advice?
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

So Helpfull.....,

Thank you for all this great info!!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only chemically unbalanced one into peri-menopause.OMG!!!
                      It ain't fun!

Comment

Well Uni, we've decided to treat the mood disorder and I'm hoping the rest will sort itself out. I know that's not much of an answer but I'm not going to do the HRT if I can help it, and taking anti depressants for the mood swings just gets me into a whole manic mess.
                        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                        for not being what they believe they should be.
                        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sounds like a plan AJ.
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Its so nice to ....,

Have all this positive support.I've been feeling better lately.
                            The crankies are the worse as I am pretty level headed .Poor hubby,he doesn't know where to turn sometimes.
                            "sorry can be the hardest word" some song can't remember the title. lol

Comment

Originally posted by halfanangel View Post
                              Have all this positive support.I've been feeling better lately.
                              The crankies are the worse as I am pretty level headed .Poor hubby,he doesn't know where to turn sometimes.
                              "sorry can be the hardest word" some song can't remember the title. lol
                              No you're not alone .
                              It's an Elton John song, but be darned if I can remember! It's the hormones.

Comment

Working...
                              X