advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice

So I don't even know if anyone of you would give me your advice or option.

Things are a bit better. Take a lot to get out of bed and go to work right now. But I do it. I'm just not back to being me. Back on medication and will stay on it. Depression is horrible and I'm feeling close to losing my mind half the day. Extremely tired. I sleep so much but can't seem to get rested.

The advice. My company is restructuring our management structure. And in less than a month I will be laid off and have the decision on what position I want to apply for.

Decision 1. Is apply for a program coordinator position. Basically I will do what I am doing now with a little better pay. And will have a practitioner to help me.

Decision 2. Apply for the practitioner position which is a decease in pay by $1.50 an hr. And only be responsible for ensuring program is being followed and helping the coordinator. Not responsible for paperwork, schedule or anything. Basically I don't have to deal with the stress I'm dealing with. Or be forced to work when there is no staff.

Decision 3. Just be a regular staff. And have a decrease in pay by $4. Don't have to have any responsibilities other than showing up for my shift.

At this point I don't know what to do. I think best choice would be to walk away from everything but that could be the depression talking. But I dedicated the last 7 years of my life to my programs and got them to where they are. And have managed to run programs no one would touch.
    But my mental health is poor. And taking a step down may not be a bad thing. I don't even know.
    Everyone I know is to close to the situation and feel I should continue to move up. I don't know what the best choice is.

Thanks

You have a tough decision to make Saweeet.

How much of a drop in wages can you afford? You may have to sit down with your finances and write out expenses vs income and see where you're at.

How would you feel about being in a position where you don't have the 'power' to make changes to the way things are done, when change is needed?

I chose not to move up in my job due to my health, including mental health. It's a bit of a hard pill to swallow but on the other hand I decided that avoiding the added stress of more responsibility would mean I'd possibly burn out, and have longer times away from work if I was sick.

I don't know if any of this helps. I've given you more questions to consider!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Here's one suggestion: Do you have the concentration to write a list of pro's and con's of each option? That's what I did when my workplace got restructured. It was a tough call, so I kept the list for future reference in case I started kicking myself for making the "wrong" decision, which gave me some peace of mind. If you don't have much concentration you could wait a few more days and see if it improves. I no longer think of "right" or "wrong" in this situation, more like "likely consequences of decision A" versus "likely consequences of decision B".
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
      X