Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling lost since my psychiatrist resigned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lost since my psychiatrist resigned.

My Pdoc has a very sick son with cancer. She was on holiday when she found out in July and has not returned. I didn't get to say thank you or goodbye after all the years I've been seeing her, since 2009.

No family should have to go through that, especially when it involves a child. I totally understand why she has not returned. Still, it's hard carrying on without her as part of my support system.

They gave me a new psychiatrist and I know I'm lucky to have one. It means starting over. She doesn't do psychotherapy like my last one did. I'm not sure where that leaves me.

I wrote a note to my old Pdoc and I'm going to ask the one I'm seeing now if she could get it to her. I just don't want it to end without an ending, if that makes any sense.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Makes perfect sense to me AJ. Sending a note is a good thing, in my opinion. My pdoc has been reassigned by the health district, but she is staying on in her current position specifically to say goodbye to her patients and make sure they have an appointment with another pdoc. My heart goes out to your old pdoc. You are right, no one should have to go through that, especially with a child.

Comment

Thanks Prairerose.
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Makes sense to me. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

totally makes sense, I always feel fear that my pdoc would have to leave practice because it clicks as in when you share with someone and you know that's their job but when they do it with such compassion and they and only that person knows more about what you are feeling and thinking and accepts you like no other well. You want to also return that compassion and it's beautiful that you want to say thank you.

Comment

Thanks Purgatory. I'm still adjusting. I see the new Pdoc on Tuesday. I'm going to see if she can forward a note I wrote to my old Pdoc. If not, it was therapeutic writing it.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
            X