Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bipolar type 2 + Rapid Cycling My Website and feelings about having this condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipolar type 2 + Rapid Cycling My Website and feelings about having this condition

Hi my name is Amanda. I have had bipolar for over 7 years now. Initially for awhile it was Bipolar type 2, since I turned 20, 2 years ago it became a more severe case which is known as Rapid Cycling bipolar and still type 2 as I can never get manic, I get under mania which is hypomania (a less extreme form). I keep a record of my moods and often find every month I am on and off hypomanic and depressed. I end up feeling about half of the month hypomanic or about half of the month depressed. October was one of the worst months I have ever had as I felt depressed for about 19 days of the month. This situation I am in and which you may be experiencing as well has felt like a curse to me. I am not in a relationship, I ruined the only good relationship I ever had with a guy by feeling hypomanic on vacation and letting a Cuban guy kiss me while I was in Cuba. Since I am very honest I told him about it, after a few months though, I felt it was eating away at my conscience.

If you're at all interested to know more about me, my experience with bipolar, what has helped me and my blog please check out my site:
    amandaechoshe121.wix.com/amandasbipolarpage

I know rapid cycling bipolar is supposed to get easier over time, eventually I will more than likely return to having just bipolar type 2.

Please reply if you know you have rapid cycling bipolar, your feelings or thoughts about it and what has helped you. BTW www.wix.com is a FREE site builder website, check it out if you want to make a site just like me and share it with people.

Comment

Welcome to the forums AmandaEchoshe. Thank you for sharing some of your story with us. You will find the people on this site very friendly and supportive. I don't rapid cycle but I have had mixed states. I'm sure it's very difficult to deal with. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you AJ!

Comment

Hi Amanda I am the extreme rapid cycler and am now 50 years old. I have been type II bipolar since about 7. I was only diagnosed as bipolar in my mid twenties. I was the very first child in Canada to take ritalin as I was diagnosed as ADHD at 6 and was super hyper as a child. I have fought a massive war for years on end. from 2002-2008 i lived in a house will really bad black mold. I have now tested as positive for (Biotoxin Associated Illness) 2016. The brain damage from the mold is astronomical. I may never come back from the brink of true insanity. I have been institutionalized 6 times since this past Christmas alone so 2 1/2 month.

What keeps me going ???? The creation process and my love of creating.

I am now writing a book on bipolarity called ( Dark Eyes - the mind of bipolarity )

Buddy

Originally posted by AmandaEchoshe View Post
          Hi my name is Amanda. I have had bipolar for over 7 years now. Initially for awhile it was Bipolar type 2, since I turned 20, 2 years ago it became a more severe case which is known as Rapid Cycling bipolar and still type 2 as I can never get manic, I get under mania which is hypomania (a less extreme form). I keep a record of my moods and often find every month I am on and off hypomanic and depressed. I end up feeling about half of the month hypomanic or about half of the month depressed. October was one of the worst months I have ever had as I felt depressed for about 19 days of the month. This situation I am in and which you may be experiencing as well has felt like a curse to me. I am not in a relationship, I ruined the only good relationship I ever had with a guy by feeling hypomanic on vacation and letting a Cuban guy kiss me while I was in Cuba. Since I am very honest I told him about it, after a few months though, I felt it was eating away at my conscience.

If you're at all interested to know more about me, my experience with bipolar, what has helped me and my blog please check out my site:
          amandaechoshe121.wix.com/amandasbipolarpage

I know rapid cycling bipolar is supposed to get easier over time, eventually I will more than likely return to having just bipolar type 2.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Madman. You sure have been through a lot in your life. Writing is my passion. Good luck with the book!
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks I have been in a vacuum of suicide since 1997. My new psychiatrist is one of the best in canada. He was the head of psychiatry at Mcmaster University for 25+ years. He only does adult bipolar & ADHD....Best man I ever met

Comment

That's great that you have such a good pychiatrist. It sure can make a difference.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I am really concerned I am highly medicated I am taking almost 2000 mg of combined meds. I cycle very flat on level 1 of critical depression scale

Comment

I am on 6 medications myself (not all psych drugs) and it seems like a lot to me too. At the same time I know for me, how necessary they are right now. Some unfortunately I know I will be on for the rest of my life. I understand your concern about being 'highly medicated'.

All though I know that there are people with multiple health conditions that take more than I do, it does not take away from the fact that I don't like being on medication, much less 6 of them.

I hope you're feeling better soon Madman. It is truly awful to be depressed.

For those who are unsure, mg are a measure of weight. In medicine, mg are also a measure of potency for many of the drugs that are used. Some drugs are very potent on a mg per mg basis, and only a small amount is needed to get a therapeutic effect. Some are less potent on a mg per mg basis and require a larger amount to get a therapeutic effect.

Prednisone is a potent drug on a mg per mg basis, and a 5mg tablet has a therapeutic effect on an adult. Tryptophan is not a potent drug on a mg per mg basis and often is prescribed in 500mg or 1000mg. In fact prednisone at a 5mg dose has a much more profound effect on the body. Comparison of the same drug at different mg strengths is clinically routinely done. Different drugs, are compared in terms of their effectiveness at any given dose.

Just to add to the confusion, while it is more difficult to do with psych meds, there are drug categories where charts are routinely used for comparison. These charts are handy when switching a patient from one drug to another. For example, 30mg of oral Morphine is equivalent to 300mg of Codeine.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Amanda, Aj & Madman

Interesting about the mg of medications. I did not know that. I don't really compare, I just look at where I sit within the lowest & highest dose of the individual medication. My diagnosis is Bipolar 2, Generalized Anxiety disorder and ADHD. I currently take Lamotrigene 200mg (100mg twice daily), Biphentin 40mg daily and I also have Xanax and Ativan as needed (which tends to be a few times a week when I feel panic attacks coming on, or desperation to fall sleep). I have been on every dose of Adderall and Concerta over the last year, some of which really screwed with my mind. Not to mention significant weight loss. I don't think my meds are significantly substantial amounts but as you mentioned, no one likes to take any. I hate it but know I need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X