I need help ..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help ..........

I'm in Edmonton Alberta, I need help. I am living with a friend who has been my unwritten caregiver,an amazing friend who has taken me in despite my inability to do anything. My social anxiety is horrible at best. I got my doctors note in October and I finally built up the nerve to go to Alberta Works to gain financial aid and start the AISH process. I balled up and freaked out and hid in the bathroom. After composing myself I went straight home and hid in my room for 3 days. I can't leave my house to do these things. I need to set up something to show my caregiver that his sacrifice has not been in vain. I don't know what to do and it's tearing me up inside, all I know is that I can't leave the house.

Welcome to the forums Ineverknewmyself. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for you. Do you think you could take your friend with you to Alberta Works?

Do you have a doctor? Sometimes they will prescribe anti-anxiety medication for such situations. It may or may not be appropriate for you, but it would be worth asking about.

You might also benefit from seeing a therapist. In Alberta there are some gov't funded programs. I have a friend with agoraphobia and she found this quite helpful. It might be worth while considering. Maybe your friend would go with you?
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
    X