Just waiting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just waiting.

I feel it inside me. Its slow creeping hand clutches upon my soul and drains me to the bone. Its touch is ever more present these days. There is blood in my stool. My heart physically feels weak. I'm always tiered and I just ... feel death coming. If I could count the days left I know I am near the end.

I feel it.

And as selfish as it sounds, I welcome it.

You hear of men in their last days forging for a legacy. The echo though out time to immortalize what they think of themselves. I hold no ego driven illusion. I know who I am. I know the pain I am and the darkness that pain spread through me. The darkness I unleashed upon others. I don't want a legacy. People will say nice things about me. People will gold up their own distorted illusions of the man who they think I was. The person they wanted me to be.
    There will be no truth to this. Just honoring a lie to create a legacy within their own hearts to justify a loss that pains the ones bound to me by unconditional love. Some to comfort their own misunderstanding of not being able to comprehend what I went though. Some though guilt of never trying. I'm okay with this. Remember me however you need. Do on to yourselves what brings you the peace you need to leave me behind. I forgive you.
    While you struggle to understand who I was, to understand the kind if person I am, please, do not try. I am a by-product of a chemical imbalance subjected to the kind of childhood that left me stripped of any chance at a normal life. The only way I have ever survived is by keeping myself in to myself. Never give them anything they could use against you. I never gave anyone the whole picture. I could never open myself up raw to anyone. Oh how I tried. Oh how I lament the ones who make it look so easy that it leaves me seething softly in a dark corner of my mind mocking those to ease my salted wounds.

I wasn't always like this though. My heart, a free spirited heart defaults to believe that their is good in everyone. It believes the lies spewed forth from the devils in my life and the cracks laid deep with in my heart were chipped away at until the blackness with in created fissures. I had to close myself off from you all. I had to protect you from myself. So I grew distant from myself.
    Let go of me to save you.

I don't know who I am.
    Just who I use to be.

I tried to live by a code in my life. Something tangible within myself to hold on too. Something to give me credit to the trials I have survived. What I have learned though, it you have to believe in yourself, believe that there is a point to it all to make sense of a code. My examples were poor. And more often then naught, my positive transgressions were met with ironic failure to feel anything and to grow as a person. Life taught me that Karma is a lie. That some people are born damned. We are not all created equal. Some of us are designed to fall from grace without a say. Without redemption.

When I accepted this notion, I put my life in to the hands of fate. She kept me alive no matter the path I walked. No control. Kept me afraid of the obvious exit strategies and kept me safe from putting the choice in to the hands of another. I still stood after I proved the design of the theft of my control.
    After that how could I feel anything?

The truth is none of the images that you have inside of your heads of who you think I am are accurate. Talk amongst yourselves and I promise each and every one of you has a different idea of the person I was.
    This is no accident.
    I lived my life conforming to the path of least resistance when it came to others, but I always chose the path if greatest resistance to my own personal choices. I said the things that you wanted to hear. Did what you generally wanted me to do (if the demon allowed it). I truly never had an original opinion or outward thought. The idea of who I was is just a collection of the fragments I absorbed throughout my life. Just tools to gain the reactions I needed to survive. To make my life easier. Ever noticed how I always had something to say, usually the right thing? Or at least until the subject shifted towards my personal thoughts and feelings? How I always had the ability to say a lot while saying nothing about who I was on the inside? I can share my opinions, I usually make them up as I go, but I could never share how I am feeling beyond general desire and anger.

There is simply not much there. A lot of passion with no heart to direct it.

This is why I could never accept praise. Why I never had an ego (a real one) and why I broke down mentally when my music began to gain momentum. Why I self destructed. I cannot accept it. Its too foreign, I'll never comprehend self worth let alone self acceptance. I wasn't built with it inside if me.

The closest I had to feeling it was vicariously through my daughter's joy and innocence. That above all was the closest I have ever been to defining who I was but still never grasped the idea enough to take hold upon myself.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry I had to reveal the empty truth to who I think I was and strip you of the lies I implanted inside each and everyone of you. Just know I did it for you. I did it to protect you.

Such painfully raw truth. I know I will never know who I am and I have accepted that. Never the less there is a painful longing to feel whole, even if only for a few short moments. I often watch others around me expressing a passion for living and wonder how it feels. I pretend so as to fit in but I am still a vapour drifting in and out of peoples' lives. Is it possible everybody feels this way because I can't imagine it otherwise. It really is strange and I suppose sad.

Thank you for your testimony. I never knew myself either.

Comment

We are truly locked inside of a cage in our own heads. A cage they haven't invented a key for yet. I am woefully smart, I could have been a writer. I could have all the precious animenities that people take for granted, and I found twice as hard as anyone else when this fog lifted from my head. Carried myself far in the 6-8 months my head let's me move forward.

I have become as much of an expert at rebuilding my identity as I am tearing it all down. But the last time has affected me so hard. I had independence, money and one hell of a social life, and he tore it all down in a week.

Its been almost 3 years and I haven't had a hypo-maina spell since. I think my Ego is protecting my Id from that pain again. But I'm so use to the sadness that its okay. I'm truly fading away and I don't even care. I dont know why I post anonymously, maybe its still that part of me that collects hope, not accepting defeat despite the odds. But I'm done.

My doctor said I have contracted Diabetes. I'm not going to tell anyone. I'm not going to regulate it. I think slipping in to a coma and drifting away is fitting. The least possible amount of pain. I'm owed that much.

For the rest of you, I pray your struggle is easier then mine. That you find your balance, your peace. Everyone deserves a fair chance.

Good night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ineverknewmyself View Post

My doctor said I have contracted Diabetes. I'm not going to tell anyone. I'm not going to regulate it. I think slipping in to a coma and drifting away is fitting. The least possible amount of pain. I'm owed that much.
        Well, having lived with diabetes for several years, I do feel compelled to tell you that ain't the way it works. What you describe is a symptom of hypoglycemia, which is a possible side effect from the treatment of diabetes. Without regulation, diabetics are hyperglycemic. Much like this site can help with your mood disorders, Canadian Diabetes can help with your diabetic condition.

Now, in my experience, regulation of blood sugar can be extremely challenging. Why this condition develops is usually attributed to poor diet and other lifestyle issues. I will allow that my previous high stress lifestyle was at least partly responsible for both my diabetes and depression. Now, low blood sugar, (hypoglycemia) may bring on that coma you described, but high blood sugar, (hyperglycemia) will bring about increased risk of cardiovascular disease, circulation problems which may lead to amputation and loss of vision. Hardly the peaceful and painless coma you may imagine. Diabetes in itself is not fatal, the side effects can be.

The reason your blood sugars are elevated is that either your body can no longer use the insulin your body produces, or your body no longer produces the insulin you need. Insulin allows us to use the glucose from our food and convert it into energy. That is why diabetics may feel lethargic. Oral medications can be effective in aiding us with using our insulin, but when the body stops producing the insulin, injections are necessary.

If I may allow myself one observation about your post, it seems you have injected a tone of finality. I does not have to be so. If your mood has you seeking the end, please get yourself to the emergency room for immediate help.

Comment

Hello Fighting back. Well said and thx for the input. Take Care. paul m

Hello Ineverknewmyself. I'm sorry that you are in a lot of pain and don't know what to do about it. Like fightingback has suggested perhaps you should seek immediate medical attention as sometimes when we get really down we don't realize what help is available.

This forum is not the place to say good bye or to say that you hope that you will die.

I have taken the time to look up your blog and some of your posts here are almost identical to posts made to your blog several yrs ago so you have obviously have been feeling a large amount of pain for a long time now and I know that is a horrible feeling.

Having read back through many years on your blog it is also apparent that you are a skilled writer. I hope that you will seek the treatment needed to keep your life going as I think that you have a real talent for writing and the world needs talented writers. Especially those who can provide a good prespective form a mental health point of view.

As much as I hate to, I am going to caution you about our rules which I have listed parts of below. Take Care. paul m

"Feeling hopeless is often an unfortunate part of having a mood disorder and sharing those thoughts and feelings is O.K. But not that you are actively planning to act on those thoughts! This makes others feel frightened and helpless. People will want to help but they may not know how. It can be very scary to worry about the health and safety of someone in crisis. Help others by getting help when you need it! For this reason we encourage you to seek out professional help. When in crisis, you need to build your resources and focus on yourself. You may need to take a break from the forum until you are feeling stronger and more in control. Then come back and let us know how things are going. I know that others will want to learn what you did to find your balance when it was lost!"
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

I agree with Paul. You are a very talented writer who could ease the suffering of a lot of people just coming to terms with the realization they are being challenged with a mood disorder. You convey the feeling very accurately for those who think no one understands how they feel. You said every one deserves a fair chance. So do you. You are not gifted without reason and I believe that you will come through the valley. We need people like to put into words the feelings that we can't.

Take care. Allow yourself to have that chance.

Comment

Working...
            X