Can I hear your story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I hear your story?

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here. I'm Jay.

I'd like to hear the stories about your struggles and, more importantly, how you have overcome them.

My girlfriend suffers from bipolar II. So does my little sister. I've seen how difficult it can be to live with. I don't think a lot of people really understand how much of a struggle it really is. If not for being so close to my girlfriend and sister I might never have known. What I mean is, if they didn't trust me enough to let me see them during their most difficult times I might not know how difficult it could be.

In an effort to be there for them I started to read and educate myself. It sparked a conversation with my girlfriend about books on the subject. She told me she only wanted to read the books written by people that actually have what they're writing about. She went on to explain that unless you have it you couldn't completely understand what it's like.

So now, I'm putting an e-book together written by those that know best. A compilation of stories from the people that have experienced them. Stories about the struggles and triumphs. Big and small. Any relevant experiences people have had that they believe would help to bring awareness and also to show others that are suffering, that they're not alone. That what works for some doesn't work for others. That sometimes a solution can be found in an unlikely place.

If you'd like to contribute I would love to hear your story. You can find more information about me and my e-book at www.tiagadaa.com.

Hope to hear from you.

deleted by moderator
    Last edited by paul m; May 19, 2016, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Hello Everyone. I have deleted a link to a blog. I hate doing this, but the purpose of this forum is to provide everyone with a chance to share ideas on what works to get better and provide a safe place for exchanging positive ideas. It can also can be used to vent out frustrations and to commiserate with others about how lousy we feel.

The link lead to a blog where the author was describing what they were doing to shorten their life. That is not in the keeping of this forum. Take Care. paul m
      Last edited by paul m; May 19, 2016, 04:50 AM.
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
      X