types of medication we are using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

types of medication we are using

I'm just curious to see what everyone is taking ..i'm on 3 meds and I'm wondering if it's alot..I'm taking epival 500mg Lamictal 100mg and Mylan bupropion150mg..

Hi gianni,

It doesn't sound like a lot to me. I used to be on many, many drugs so I consider my current cocktail quite reasonable. I take Lamictal 100mg, Wellbutrin 450mg, and Ability 6mg. I also take zopiclone to sleep, 7.5mg and ativan prn when the anxiety gets unbearable. I had a brief hypomanic episode (lasted only 2 weeks) recently. By the time I saw my psychiatrist it had passed. He wanted to decrease the dosage of my wellbutrin but I wasn't happy with that. We agreed that if I, or my husband, sense that I am getting a bit manic, I will immediately drop down to 300mg but that hasn't happened.

I too am curious about what others are taking. Thanks for starting this thread.

Neli

Comment

Hi Gianni,

The cocktail that currently works for me is Effexor, Wellbutrin, and Abilify. I've stopped taking Modafinal and Clomazipan that were a part of my daily regimen.

Comment

Hello Gianni555. Everybodies different. Some people take more than you, me for example at one time. Some people take less, me for example right now. Currently I just take lithium and lorazepam for bipolar. I say currently because that could change at some point in the future.

Also one medication may affect two different people in hugely different ways. You take 150mg of bupropion and Neli was taking 450 of wellbutrin (same medication, one is a brand name the other is generic name).

The amount that you take of Lamictal and Epival are very dependent on a variety of factors and your doctor should know the dosages based on you and your blood work.

I used to think that taking 3-5 psych meds was awful and than I got old, I now know what a lot of medications are LOL. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

I am taking 76 mg of concerta, and 300 mg of Lithium daily. I also take supplements daily and I feel like those help alot.
          I expressed concern to my doctor with the medication she had me on previously, as it was making me gain a huge amount of weight and I couldn't deal with that.
          She had me on 30 mg of Remeron at night time, the 76 mg of concerta and 150 mg of Cipralex. She took the remeron and the cipralex out slowly because of the weight gain.
          So far the Lithium has been good!

Comment

Currently, I am taking 20mg Abilify, 80mg Latuda, and 450mg Wellbutrin. Now into month 3 of the same regimen with no dosage changes, waiting to see what happens next week...

Comment

Working...
            X