You're not alone in the roller coaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not alone in the roller coaster

Bipolar disorder is like being in a roller coaster .. Up and down is not under your control .. but you have to know how to control your fear ..
    You're not alone on this roller coaster .. & you know that it's only a ride that will end soon .. and you just have to pass it ..
    so don't panic ..

Hello Jafar. Thx for posting the link. Unfortunately I couldn't watch it as living out in the boonies internet is very expensive and you cannot get unlimited internet in some areas. Having said that I did read the comments section and I did notice that someone had made remarks about how much more violent people with a mental illness are. It was rebutted on there by many others and some of the other comments were very good. Just for the record mental illness and violence are a mixed bag.

Studies show that those with a long term serious mental illness are much more likely to be a victim of crime than cause a serious crime. Studies also show that unless alcohol or drugs are involved we are no more violent than the average person. We may have more rages, but we don't hurt more people.

I never compared bipolar to like being on a roller coaster, but it is a good comparison. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you Paul
      You don't need mental illness in order to be a violent person ..
      you don't need to be violent to become mentally ill ..

Comment

Working...
      X