Saying 'Hey'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying 'Hey'

How's it going? I'm 30 and bipolar. And I'm on a depressive swing.

I'm presently seeking professional counselling, since I'm not happy with my doctor, who doesn't seem to care about my issues.

Can I tell you my story?

My bipolar landed me in two criminal charges these past two years. I was discharged from both of them based on the condition I follow my doctor's counsel in how I treat my mental condition. This condition lead me to the hospital twice, before being released on extended leave from their psychiatric unit.

So I'm technically and legally obliged to follow my doctor's advice from Mental Health and the courts.

Where did it all begin?

My first bout of psychosis was at 21. It happened after leaving a family cult. My bout was ripe with delusion. My parents were worried and called Mental Health. I was diagnosed as bipolar for the first time.

For the next 7 years I was fine. Apart from a hiccup now and then, I did NOT experience the ups and downs of bipolar. Even my ex-girlfriend scorned the doctors who had diagnosed me as making a despicable misdiagnosis. How wrong she was.

Because at 28 is when everything blew up.

It started innocently enough. But it went down a very weird direction. I began thinking I had superhuman abilities for science and mathematics. I started hearing voices. Well you can imagine the rest. This lasted for over a year of raw mania.

But now I'm on a depressive streak, and have been for what seems like an eternity. I don't get any pleasure from anything! Anhemonia, it's called; severe.

So I'm at a loss. I think the drugs I'm being forced upon are causing this depression but I have no way to prove it. I feel powerless. I hate the way these drugs make you feel. I don't want to be manic, but I want to feel excited about something. I'm also experiencing the side effect of muscle weakness yet have to work a physically demanding job.

What do you do if you've lost your rights over your treatment, but hate the treatment being given?

Last edited by Sadman; June 20, 2017, 01:43 PM.

Welcome to the forum Sadman. Thank you for sharing some of your story with us. Are you obliged by the courts to see this particular doctor? As intimidating as doctors can sometimes be, it is your right to ask questions and express your concerns about treatment. Can anyone go with you to your appointments?
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ -- I don't know if I'm obliged to see this doctor. I think I might be. I could ask my nurse.

Anyone can come to my appointments. I've brought my dad a few times.

Why do you ask?

Comment

I was just thinking that if you ask questions and express your concerns and don't feel like your doctor takes them seriously, perhaps seeing another doctor might be something to consider. I know that doctors are hard to come by, but it might be worth the effort to get a second opinion.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
        X