Celexa / citalopram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celexa / citalopram

I finally went to my doctor. He prescribed me citalopram and I have to go back in a month to see the progress. Has anyone else tried it or is taking it regularly?
    Im not at all happy about it. I feel like my doctor wasn't thorough enough.
    I feel like I wont be 'me' after I start taking it. Like it will take away some of the bi-polar effects but also parts of me that make me 'ME'.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to make them all yourself." -Groucho Marx

Hi,

I understand your worry, I'm pretty sure that everyone does... A lot of us end up taking pills, and wonder what their effect are on who we are. However, after asking this to this community, I got the answer that many end up having an happy or good life after bipolar diagnosis and meds. You can try the new pills and see if it helps you. Or you may not... That is a personal choice.

I have been taking celexa for some time now, 20 mg in the morning. I can't help you however with the side effect, because I take other pills and I'm not sure which pill cause which side effect...

Comment

Im on the third day with them . 20mg in the morning as well. I dont exactly know if Im having two good days in a row or if the citalopram would be working that fast :s .. But each night Ive been having crappy sleeps. I plan to try it for at least two weeks before i let myself give up on it. I will probably come back to update the situation
      "Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to make them all yourself." -Groucho Marx

Comment

Hello MrsJekyhyde. Citalopram is well know for causing those types of side effects, especially in the first 30 days and may or may not clear up there after. For many they do. However in the short run it's one of those meds that can make you feel worse. You can go to https://www.drugs.com/ and insert the name of the drug and see what they have to say about it and the side effects. (it's reputable site and easy to use). Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
        X