X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipolar II Symptoms

Hi!

I am new to this forum...

I had burnout last July and I was treated for major depression with antidepressants and psychiatric follow-ups. Once the treatment was settled in January, I felt so energetic that I got involved in a lot of projects. I was doing much better than I had never been in my entire life. However, in mid-February I started feeling tired and needed 2-3 long naps a day. Eventually, I was bed-ridden. I would get up only to eat.
    I was bed-ridden mostly because of physical symptoms and pains.
    -Constant headaches
    -Lump in my throat
    -Chest pain
    -Breathless
    -Fast heartbeat (yes, even if I was doing nothing all day...)
    -Upset stomach
    -Constipation
    -Exhaustion (just have a meal was too much; I couldn't wait to go lie down again)
    -Muscle tension (everywhere and all the time)
    -And I'm sure I forget some
    Does anyone experience the same symptoms? Are they symptoms of Bipolar Disorder or Anxiety or Burnout?

My psychiatrist now thinks it is most probably Bipolar II, and not major depression since the treatment for depression did not work as it should have. So I am treated for Bipolar II Disorder now. The change in my medication happened last week: I take an antidepressant (Effexor) and an anti-psychotic (Abilify).
    After only one week with the new treatment, I am able to get out of bed. However, just this week, I had an appointment on Wednesday and another one on Thursday (so I went out twice) and last night I had the same physical symptoms again. Will they always be there if I do too much? And too much for me is very little...

My psychiatrist and I haven't had a chance to talk about what Bipolar Disorder is really and what it is like to live with the disease and now I have tons of questions. I'm sure that someone who is experiencing or has experienced the same symptoms as me could bring me support! I will take my questions to my doctor, but the doctor doesn't know what it is like to live with it. He only knows by what was taught him.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi Andree-Anne and welcome to the forum. You might want to consider seeing your family doctor for a full exam if you haven't already. Other issues that can cause some of the symptoms you list can then be ruled out.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
    X