Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie- anyone really struggle with sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie- anyone really struggle with sleep?

I知 bipolar type 2 with rapid cycling. Just diagnosed a year ago. Taking 1500 Divalproex per day with temazepam and zoplicone at bedtime. Some nights I知 fine then suddenly I can稚 sleep at all or I知 up every hour.

Hi Xenia and welcome to the forum. I have really struggled getting any sleep when I've been manic. Is it possible that you've built up a tolerance to temazepam and zopiclone?
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Xenia, I struggled with sleep for years and I do believe it made matters worse. Many people with bipolar have circadian rhythm disorders. So, definitely keep at finding something that will help. For me, it was a good dose of Seroquel and it has been working for years. I totally feel for what you are going through, I hope you are able to find a solution!

Comment

When I'm manic I've gone months on only catnaps, and I don't mean frequent ones. Mania makes me not sleep and not sleeping makes me manic... it's a "fun" cycle. Zopicloe works for me as an emergency fix if I'm going down that road, but my doc said not to take it all the time or I'll build up a tolerance to it.
        Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Hi Xenia. Do you have a regular doctor? Have you asked your doctor how come the Zopliclone is not helping with sleep? I second AJ, that maybe you've built up a tolerance to the medication and maybe that's why it is not helping. I hope you find some help with your sleep situation soon. That must not help with the rapid cycling.

Comment

Working...
          X