Abelify or epivol which one have you used and what are side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abelify or epivol which one have you used and what are side effects

I just wanted to know which meds work for most people. Also the weight gain bothers me . Any advice on these meds ?

I've been prescribed Abilify Maintena (the shot) and I have gained 18 lbs from it but stopped at 18. Aside from that I don't notice any other side effects.

I was on Invega Sustenna prior and that left me really sedated. I could sleep 16 or more hours a day.

Comment

Brain chemistry is very individual. I don't think there is one med that works for most people. That's why there are so many of them.

I've been on both. Epival I wasn't on very long because I had a reaction. It made my whole body swell up. My doctor said that's rare. Abilify I was on for a couple of years before it stopped working for me. I didn't gain weight on it, but some people do.
      Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

I had to stop Epival because of sustained elevated liver enzymes. I was on Abilify for awhile. I gained some weight on it, but have been off it and the weight for some time now.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'd keep a notepad or electronic note of the side effects you're having (if any). Then you can bring the notepad or electronic note along with you during your next appointment so that the doctor can ensure they are giving you the best medical advice they can.

Comment

As mentioned this is very individualized. I took Epival for years and would consider it one of the least bothersome medications to take. I had to stop taking Abilify after a couple weeks because it gave me a restless leg type symptom. Thus, sometimes the side effects can hinder use of a medication. It is trial and error unfortunately

Comment

Finding a balance between having a positive response to a drug or drugs, and being able to manage side effects is what it all boils down to. As MissMoods has said, it is a trial and error endeavor.
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
              X