Am I bipolar? Medication not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I bipolar? Medication not working!

I don't get any manic bouts I just feel depressed and panicky like I'm freezing out. I feel completely disappointed in myself because I can't work like this, no social life and I'm just wasting my time day in day out on the internet or aimlessly walking around town to get exercise in hopes of feeling less depressed and anxious but nothing's helping! I take pristiq but it's not helping enough Ive been on it for years I use to be pretty normal and content no major depression or anxiety but now it's the opposite and I can't cant take feeling so crappy any longer! Work is to much Im to scattered brained can't learn new skills I'm just bombarded with anxiety. I actually tried Ativan but honestly it didn't calm down the anxiety which is weird it's an anxiety medication? I even gave up drinking beer in hopes that would help out but nothing.

Hi Yojimbo. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. If you've been on Pristiq for years and it's not helping enough, I would recommend seeing your doctor. He or she needs to look at changing your dose, or drug, or trying a combination of drugs.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Just so you know I as well struggle with work and am very scattered brain. I chose to let my bosses know so maybe they will understand and give me the help / patience that I need to get me by till I can get my shit together. Well hopping things will get better. I am very uncomfortable at work but I’m trying to learn to except my new me and do the best I can in this state. I’m looking forward to better days with med changes. We must hang on. Let’s be strong.

Comment

Hi Yojimbo, I feel your pain. I am bipolar and suffer a lot of depressive cycles without any manic bouts. One thing I have learned is that change is hope. Make one small change and hope begins. I would definitely go and see your doctor, sounds like you need either more Prestiq or another med. I started on Prestiq but now also take Buproprion with it and feel more in control. I also take Latuda which has helped with the mood swings.... help is available... fight for your happiness.

Comment

Working...
        X