Wellbutrin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellbutrin

Lately I feel like I could benefit from an antidepressant. I know when I go see my doctor he will want to use a low dose of Wellbutrin. I have been on it before and it works well. The problem is now with it being summer I enjoy having friends over on the weekend for a bbq and a few beers or a glass of wine. When I’m on Wellbutrin I can’t have any alcohol, it makes me really sick. Even one beer makes me sick when I’m on it. Is this a me thing or a Wellbutrin thing or is all antidepressants like that. I’ve only used Wellbutrin and it’s the only one my doctor wants to give me. I don’t know if it’s because it works well with my other bipolar meds or what the reason is. Does anyone have any experience of another kind of antidepressant that doesn’t affect them in that way?

Hello Delico and welcome. Unfortunately not everyone reacts the same way to the same to any given anti depressant, For some people with bipolar ( About 30%), antidepressants will make them go manic. Wellbutrin seems to cause this problem less often then other antidepressants. This is probably why your doc is reluctant to prescribe anything but that.. As far as what else will work that's a guessing game because as I said everyone s different. Sorry I don't have a better answer. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
    X