Epival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epival

Has anyone tried Epival for bipolar disorder? I’m afraid of the side effects

Hello Anna48. I tried epival twice and each time I had to stop due to it giving me edema ( swelling of my legs) each time. That was too bad as it worked wonders for my bipolar at the time. Which is why I tried it a second time, but the edema just came back. Overall I found it an easy med to take and to quit. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

I've been on sodium valproate for over ten years with no side effects, provided that teh dose is right. Too much and I get insomnia and tinnitus. It will make me sleepy, so I take most of the dose in the evening. Delayed release tablets means that if I take it at 7pm then I start getting drowsy at about 11. If taken during teh day definitely don't drive until you know how drowsy it makes you. Most adverse events recorded are mild.

It is a very widely prescribed drug for both epilepsy and bipolar. For a lot of doctors it is their first choice for mild bipolar as it is easier to manage than lithium.

Comment

Working...
      X