I'm slipping under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm slipping under

I can feel myself falling into a depression... I don't want to continue like this... I want it to stop.... I want out!

Hello Harleem. Sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I know just how quickly that falling into a major depressive episode can happen. I don't know what coping skills you have used in the past, but perhaps you can try them again. It could also be that one of your meds has stopped working and a visit to your doctor may be in order. Remember you can always visit the ER or call 911 if you need too. Keep us posted on how you are feeling.Take Care paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Harleem. Paul has given you some good advice. Please do keep us posted.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Harleem. I know that feeling, just wanting relief. Sometimes it's about calling the doctor and checking in. Sometimes it's about the next five minutes and how to get through them. I'm glad you've come onto the forum and posted, that's a step in the right direction. If you find that writing helps, can you focus enough to put your thoughts on paper? Is there someone you might talk to who is an understanding listener? Do you have enough energy to open the door and walk even half a block? Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference and buy some time to gain a bit of clarity. And f you're like me, hugs are great and also are something I'm missing a lot lately. Here's a virtual one anyway
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thank you for your responses, sometimes I just need the reminder that the darkness isn't the end.

The stress and isolation of this pandemic is quite strange. At first I was somewhat relieved that everyone would get to know a little bit how it feels like to live with anxiety, yet at the same time my anxiety increased. Then this recent talk about going back to school has completely disrupted my sleep with nightmares. I'm just so exhausted.

Nonetheless, I can happily say that I didn't fall as deeply into depression as I feared. I reached out to my counselor and she was a big help. I'm still in the grips of depression, but it isn't dire. Another help has been my puppy. She needs me to get up, out of bed, I have to feed her, walk her, play with her, and luckily she doesn't mind hugs

Hugs are.... Thank you.

I live in a small village in the country, and haven't feared the coronavirus too much, but it's getting increasingly closer every few days. There's now an outbreak in the next town over. I've had a few panic attacks recently.

Comment

It's nice to hear you're experiencing some better times Harleem, and that your counselor was helpful. I don't have pets but understand how your dog would get you moving whether you feel like it or not -- and with bonus hugs! I hope the panic attacks don't amount to very much. The pandemic is stirring so many things up, feelings included.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
            X