Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain fog leading to anxiety/depression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain fog leading to anxiety/depression?

I don't even know if I would be considered to have mild, moderate or severe depression. Haven't seen a psychiatrist only a family doctor who prescribed me zoloft. I started 25mg for 1 week than up to 50mg for another 3 weeks than up to 75mg for about a week and a half. I had a period on the 50mg where it felt like it was working, than it went flat than 75mg again a period where it felt like it was working than went flat again and even seemed like I went backwards.

For me I go up and down with my mood. Psychologist and family doctor both believe it's a clinical depression issue. Zoloft worked wonders twice before in the past, but I guess because the two times in the past I was so depressed I couldn't really notice the negative effects of taking an anti-depressant where you sometimes feel worse before getting better. This time around I'm noticing the worse, however I do still have good days on the 75mg.

I sometimes have moments in the morning, during the day, and in the evening where it seems like I just snap out of it. When I say snap out of it I mean out of my head. I have this issue where I I'm overly focused on my inner feelings in my gut and mind. I will often connect everything to depression and anxiety. Even a cold and sinus pressure has my mind linking it to depression and anxiety. Instead of just seeing it for what it is. If I'm doing something very distracting where I'm not living inside my head I actually feel normal for that moment. I even feel the normal when I meditate. But I keep on going back inside my head.

Is it normal to still not have full effect of zoloft after almost 6 weeks on 75mg? I feel like if I didn't have the brain fog I wouldn't go inside my head to try and figure out what is wrong. But the brain fog comes first and than I start analyzing it to death to the point where I get stuck. I've had brain fog my whole life I believe but just now I'm stuck linking it to depression and anxiety so it doesn't just stop at awareness anymore.

Hi Libertynow, and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you posted.

I can't speak to whether the zoloft should or shouldn't be working. Medications are such an individual thing. Have you considered keeping a little chart of how your moods are doing? Sometimes it can be helpful in giving a doctor a better picture of what is going on with you.

I do know that analyzing and linking everything to anxiety and depression is not uncommon. In fact, it's part of how anxiety and depression work. They love to keep drawing you inside your head, and not in a good way. It sounds like distracting yourself does work sometimes. I find that if something works, it's encouraging to try it again. Distraction, with something that interests you in a nice way, can help to get you through until you see the doctor again and/or it becomes clear whether the zoloft dosage is what you need.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Welcome to the forum Libertynow. If 6 weeks of Zoloft at 75mg a day is not helping, then you may need a dose adjustment or a change in medication. It would be worthwhile discussing this with your family doctor.

I know what it's like to get stuck in your head. I find that walks help to ground me. I start noticing my surroundings and connecting with something other then just what's swimming around in my head.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Mood scale are a big help. My last had me do them but his were the most horrible and incorrect thing I had ever seen so i made my own. I will load mind you can download and print then off I made it for daily usage as most of us our moods can shift inside of a 18 hour time frame.

Buddy Mack.
        Attached Files
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Comment

If you want it and can't download a clear copy, I will email the original to you

Have you ever to your knowledge lived in a home or Apt that had "BLACK MOLD" ?

Buddy Mack.
          Last edited by Stenacron Man; February 11, 2017, 11:20 PM.
          "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Comment

I went through this man. When you don't know what's going on with you, you don't need medicine. It would help if you had a mentor, a coach.

Comment

Sport is an anti-depressant, but not medicine. And also people, a mentor can help you as was mentioned. People treat people, a therapist if it's more complicated. If having the right people next to you, you can quickly improve your life and know how to become a genius. Yes, a genius because these are people who are in control of their lives. They have healthy habits, healthy relationships, and a healthy lifestyle. I tell you from my experience of life. Change the environment, dip in your soul and find the power and motivation to become the best version of yourself.
              Last edited by Erpyria; June 30, 2021, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X