Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperBetter app - looking for allies

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I have been struggling with depression for my whole adult life and avoiding dealing with it for the most part.

I am trying to make some changes and I have recently started using the app/web based game SuperBetter for mood tracking and motivation.

Is anyone here using it? Would you like to try it with me and be my Ally?

Hello Workwife and welcome. Interesting application. I can't comment on this particular app as I haven't used it, but I know that there are more and more apps coming out that are meant to help improve our mental and/or physical well being. From what I've seen results vary depending on the person and the developer . In that way they are like any other type of help, be it counselling, medications, or apps, if it works for you that is great.

Please feel free to tell us how it has improved your life or where it has helped when other methods have failed. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Workwife and welcome to the forums. I haven't used the app myself but would also be interested in how useful you find it.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi,

I wonder if I should have posted an new post, but I thought my question could fit under this one, and maybe workwife you may have some info about it...

So I'am looking to an app, not to track my mood, but to track the symptoms, more specifically, anxiety, headache, difficulty to concentrate and tiredness. For each symptom, ideally, I could track the time it last and its intensity... Anybody knows about such an app????

My damn doctor want data backing up my claim, well that seems the solution

Thanking you in advance,

Peace

Comment

Hello Paix. No problem posting at this spot. We try not to get too formal, I'd just get lost LOL. In regards to Apps, there are several places that you could look. The DBSA has a wellness tracker where you can track moods, symptoms, physical well being etc is one of the latest, whether or not it's any good or will be of use to anyone, I don't know. The DBSA site has a lot of info and I just happend to see the app there a while ago, but have not tried it. http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/Page...llness_tracker .

This next site isn't an app, but it may give you an idea where to look https://www.promises.com/articles/me...ood-disorders/ It's not a great article. I know that more and more apps are coming out all the time for a variety of illness. Good Luck finding an app if you do find one that works let us know. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Hi paix,

Sorry I am not sure, I would just check out the Play store as I am sure there are some that will do that. I am interested more right now in something that can support me in building coping strategies and changing my thinking patterns vs primarilly as a tracker.

Superbetter does have a tracking function, but it is a short survey that you can take up to 1x per day so you can see changed in your well-being over time, but it does not have specific symptom tracking. Also this function is only available on the web-based interface and not on the app.

Before I decided on Superbetter I did also try these other apps:

Pacifica - focus on mindfulness and meditiation
            Mood Mission - gameified approach, but seemed to be more short term symptom management vs the real brain re-wiring benefit I am getting from Superbetter

Comment

Thanks Paul and Workwife. Workwife, please come back to tell how your experience was with superbetter app. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X