I am so scared and I don't know how to go on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so scared and I don't know how to go on

I recently found out there is a rumour going around that I committed a crime I didn't commit. However I have done so many bad things in my life I feel like I almost deserve it. I am so sorry to everyone I've hurt. If my family and friends find out I won't be able to go on. All day every day I am very anxious. I have to try and pretend I'm not at work which is exhausting. I have to do the same around my friends. I can't go on much longer like this. I am so sorry.

Hello amsosorry and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have had a real tough time. Life is tough enough without having someone start a rumour about us. Suffering from depression certainly can also make us see the negative in everything. My own viewpoint is that while an illnesses sometimes make us do bad things, that is different than being a bad person. Bad people don't apologize. So I will assume that you are a good person.

As a moderator I will mention that you sound as if you are in crisis and that is not a criticism. I would suggest to you that you seek immediate medical help either through your doctor, 911 or your local emergency room. As I said you sound like a good person and the world is short of good people, so please don't hesitate to contact a professional who can help. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi amsosorry and welcome. I would also encourage you to seek out some help with this. Sometimes we may need help with a foot up in life. One of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life is delaying getting the help I needed until it was a dire desperate situation. A very hard lesson learned.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

i am seeing my therapist in two hours. i don't know what to do if this doesn't help. thanks for listening.

Comment

Hi Iamsosorry,

I'm just responding in hopes that you're doing okay.

I hope the therapy helps.

Best of luck!
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X